TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

NTTCALR: Wedding gift question.....

So DH and I are going to a wedding this weekend and it's for the daughter of a guy my DH golf's with (in a golf league together) and we've hung out with he and his wife socially, on occasion.   It's a church wedding and then the reception is in the guy's back yard.  It will be catered, probably buffet because there was no choice (ckn or beef) on the invite, I know they've hired bartenders and will have tents set up.....based on this info, in your opinion, what is an appropriate gift???

Re: NTTCALR: Wedding gift question.....

• Options

BBHME once suggested an ice cream maker. I thought that was the coolest idea ever.

It's going to be my idea for any and every wedding present forever. 

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCarrieLeigh84:

BBHME once suggested an ice cream maker. I thought that was the coolest idea ever.

It's going to be my idea for any and every wedding present forever. 

I like that!   Big Smile
  • Options

What do you normally give people?  I would say the fact that it's in the back yard shouldn't change what you're giving them.  I'd say money or something off their registry would be fine

• Options

I always go with money or a gift card.  Can't go wrong with those.  Have fun.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagehbkises:

What do you normally give people?  I would say the fact that it's in the back yard shouldn't change what you're giving them.  I'd say money or something off their registry would be fine

Yep. This.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    I've never been a fan of the idea that a wedding gift should cost the same as the cost per head for the wedding. Find something off the registry in your price range, or give a cash gift in your price range.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I think what you spend should be based on what your comfortable with and can afford instead of basing it on other factors.  I saw an idea on here to do a wine gift basket and make cute labels for their first 3 or 6 anniversaries (depending on your price point). 
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    imageKristysRedBarn:
    I think what you spend should be based on what your comfortable with and can afford instead of basing it on other factors.  I saw an idea on here to do a wine gift basket and make cute labels for their first 3 or 6 anniversaries (depending on your price point). 

that's a very cool idea!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"