Babies: 3 - 6 Months

A little suggestion...

I understand that not everyone have the same views, but I really suggest that you try reading Ferber's book before either trying CIO or bashing it. It's really interesting and much more complex than it looks.

Re: A little suggestion...

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLovelyABR:

Oh please.  

Many child-care professionals feel that parental encouragement of self-satisfiers and over-substitution of material objects - teddy bears substituting for parents, strollers for arms, cribs for shared sleep, pacifiers for nursing, toys for parents' attention, music boxes for voices, formula for breast-milk, wind-up swings for laps - have led to an age of materialistic acquisition, personal loneliness and lack of emotional fulfillment.

Seriously?  LOL You can not take that article seriously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLanie2883:
    I understand that not everyone have the same views, but I really suggest that you try reading Ferber's book before either trying CIO or bashing it. It's really interesting and much more complex than it looks.

I've read it. I still don't like it personally. I don't think he's horrible, but its not my parenting style.

• No thanks. There are a couple moms on 24+ that actually met with Dr Ferber, and the things he suggested were outrageous. He's a wackadoo.
  • imageBelleIsa:

imageLovelyABR:

Oh please.  

Many child-care professionals feel that parental encouragement of self-satisfiers and over-substitution of material objects - teddy bears substituting for parents, strollers for arms, cribs for shared sleep, pacifiers for nursing, toys for parents' attention, music boxes for voices, formula for breast-milk, wind-up swings for laps - have led to an age of materialistic acquisition, personal loneliness and lack of emotional fulfillment.

I didn't read the article but based on this quote, I'm all set. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    imageBelleIsa:

imageLovelyABR:

Oh please.  

I didn't read the article but based on this quote, I'm all set. 

If you're bored today and want some entertainment, its worth the read!Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh my... based on the exceprt alone I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  That is just plain stupid, sorry.
  • imageloveyoubean:
    Oh my... based on the exceprt alone I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  That is just plain stupid, sorry.
    The excerpt is from an anti-CIO article, not the Ferber method.
  • Based on the logic from the anti CIO article, women with multiples would need to become octopuses (is that even a word?). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerobinsokj:
    Based on the logic from the anti CIO article, women with multiples would need to become octopuses (is that even a word?)

I'm so desperate to avoid work this morning that I googled it.  The answer is yes, and it's correct, along with octopi and octopodes.

I read that article.  Some people frighten me.

• I really now want to try to slip "octopodes" into a real life conversation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"