Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Next time I want to be the dad

DH is normally very helpful and supportive and he takes care of DD while I'm at work, so he's not helpless.  But today I was just very jealous that he got to go to the gym, spend 8 hours at work, come home to an already cooked meal, enjoy some unwind time by himself, and go to bed at a decent hour.  DD has not been napping the past two days and I'm at my limit of patience (we went through something similar at 2 months).  Today she at least took a couple one hour ones, a fraction of the norm, but yesterday NONE.  I'm beginning to see how much those short breaks help.

We started bedtime at 8 tonight like usual and it's now midnight and she just woke up AGAIN.  She keeps falling asleep, then 10 mins or so later waking up crying.  I spent an hour working with her before I got frustrated and DH took over for 30 mins before "reaching his limit".  He went to bed at 11 and told me to come get him if she was still up in TWO HOURS.  I have to work tomorrow too :(  Granted later than he does, but it's not like I can sleep in and I won't get home until 11 PM.  At which point if she's up I'll have to take her,

This sucks.  I didn't even get a friggin shower.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Next time I want to be the dad

• I'm sorry. Your hubby must have had a rough day if this is not normal for him. Can you have grandma watch LO for a few hours this weekend so you two can get some alone time? Or maybe just put H on baby duty on Saturday so you can nap. Doesn't help the current situation but it would at least be a light at the end up the tunnel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oooh, this sounds awful. I'm sorry to hear this. I thought I had it rough with no naps and screaming all day but now I don't feel like I should be complaining!

I hear ya, I wish next time I can be the dad too. I agree with pp, my H works hard so he gets a lot of breaks but don't think he doesn't pay his dues on the weekends so I can get a few hours here and there. Many times I wish I could just make myself invisible just so I can get things done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to be the dad too!!!

No back pain, no contractions, no cankles, no labor...you get to sit back and watch someone do all the work.

• I can't say I want to be the dad. I like being mummy.... but go*damn am I tired. I would like to step out of the mummy role long enough to catch up on some sleep though.

Sorry your lo is waking so much and napping so little. We are right there with ya.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • She's down again (1 AM), we'll see what happens.  She screamed loud enough to wake DH this time so we had a family cuddle in bed.  I hate not knowing what's wrong!  DH was bicycling her legs while I held her frozen teether in her mouth.  If she wakes up again I'm just going to have her sleep on my chest, she doesn't wake up until about 10 mins after we lay her down.

We are going to my parents' this weekend, I'm looking forward to that!  Normally I work weekends and am home with her during the week, which normally I love, but it really doesn't make it feel like I get much me time!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• **Hugs**

I'm sorry you had such a rough night, hopefully it will get better for you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"