3rd Trimester
Options

growth u/s?

Do most ob's do a growth u/s? Or do they only do them if you're measuring off?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: growth u/s?

• Options
    NSLNSL member
    I had one as part of an NST when I was 41 weeks so my doctor could determine if I needed to be induced sooner rather than later, but I believe they're uncommon if you're measuring on target and aren't overdue.
  • Options
    My doc is doing one at 38 weeks because my first baby was almost 9 lbs and I was over 9 lbs.  I think it is a bit wierd though because the accuracy is not always that great.  I saw a lady on TV that was induced because the baby was getting "too big" and it was only 7 lbs at birth.  I will not consent to be induced unless the doc really feels she will be over 9.5 lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one at 31 weeks, because I was measuring two weeks ahead. Baby was measuring right on target through the u/s, so I don't have to get anymore.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure all docs are different.

We're having one in a week and a half because my hubby and I were both big babies and my doc offered it to us, but she did tell us that it isn't routine for her. 

• Options
    I don't think they are routine. I never had one with my son but I am having one in two weeks with this one because I have gestational diabetes and they want to make sure the baby isn't getting too big too soon.
  • Options

I had DS in the States and think I had a total of 3 U/Ss (the early "confirm the date US," the 20 week US, and one near the end because I had GD).

They do things much differently in the UAE.  I can't even count the number of U/Ss I've had this time around.  I'm 33+ weeks and think the tally is around 7.  !!

• Options
    I was totally surprised when my doctor sent me for one last week because I am measuring on time & have small babies and no other problems. No complaints from me tho it was soo nice gtg to see our LO again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"