Parenting after a Loss
Options

Something is wrong...

she has been nursing well for over 24 hrs now.  She kind of latches but her sucking is not productive.  She pops off easily, yet wants more.

Her poops are green- which I read could be a virus or a foremilk.hindmilk imbalance.

She's not sleeping. 

And- now I am worried about my supply.

What do I do to get through the night?  My boobs are so sore from her going on and off so many times, yet I am trying to not give a bottle.  She won't go to sleep unless I am holding her either.

And DH doesn't think anything is wrong so I feel like I am on an island. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Something is wrong...

• Options
    I don't have any advice for you, but I am so sorry. You will be in my prayers that everything gets back on track!
  • Options

Have you tried pumping to see how much milk you are getting and how its coming out? Also, when I was breastfeeding at first her poop was yellow, then it turned green, but that was because we were supplementing a little as well. Is she only taking breast milk?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For now, try pumping to express the milk so your bbs don't get engorged, and get some nipple cream for your nips (and the soothing gel pads that go in the fridge can really help too). Is she hungry? Maybe she's telling you she's done or wants to move to the other side because she's looking for a faster flow? DS was doing that when he got a little older, and my LC told me that when he does that, he's done with that side and to move him to the other. Then, once he's done the 2nd side, if he's still hungry, move him back to the first side. I've also found that DS does that alot when he needs to be burped.

We had to give DS a bottle of BM from very early on b/c he was losing weight and it seems he will take a bottle just fine (just not from me). I think giving her a bottle of BM so she's not hungry is not going to necessarily jeapordize your breastfeeding. Just give her the bottle after she tries to BF.

ETA: Both our hospital and our insurance company have a 24-hour hotline to call with questions. Can you make a call to either?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We fed DS with a syringe during the first 4 weeks when I would pump to give myself a break and DH would full his mouth full of milk. The syringes came with our pump parts from the hospital. I'm sure BRU would have some or something. I did that about once a day (when DH could help) to give my boobs a break.

I would also call a lactation consultant pronto... they really do help!!

happy days are here to stay Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"