April 2011 Moms
Options

I'm putting myself on pelvic rest.

I have red spotting today after having sex for te first time in a week. I'm putting a call in to the doctor tomorrow to tell them about it. For those of you who have experienced this, how long should I expect to be on pelvic rest?

Re: I'm putting myself on pelvic rest.

• Options

Well, if you're putting yourself on pelvic rest, then technically can't you make it as long as you want?  Hmm

Or you could just not have sex until you've talked to your doctor and alleviated your fears.  If he puts you on pelvic rest at that point then you can ask him how long. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I could, I just figured I'd be put on it anyway. I'll see what they say tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My situation is different, but my m/w put me on pelvic rest for 4-6 weeks when I told her I was pregnant at 3w3d.  This Friday will mark the fourth week and I'm probably going to extend it for a couple more weeks for my peace of mind.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A little bit of spotting can be normal after having sex, so they probably won't put you on "pelvic rest" at all.  They will tell you not to have sex if it bothers you.  If you are bleeding at other times and cramping that's different, but spotting after sex is extremely common, and most providers don 't tell you not to have sex because of this (unless there are other factors).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"