Georgia Babies
Options

preschools?

I am noticing a lot of you w/ 2008 summer babies started your kiddos in preschool recently.  I love the idea, but didn't think DH would go for it b/c of $, but today he asked me about it, so...  can anyone tell me about it?

How do you find a program, how often do they go, how much does it cost, is it too late for us to get in one?

I think it'd be great for jax (and mommy) for him to get into something like this.

TIA girls :) 

Re: preschools?

• Options

We are in Gwinnett so that won't help you much probably, but...

P's school is in her daycare (a church) and it costs $130/month for 2 days a week, 9:30 to 1:30 (with a packed lunch).  If she wasn't staying for lunch it would be 9:30 to 12:30 for $120/month.

• Options

I'm in Cumming, but my boys go 3 days a week ($195, Jack) and 2 days a week ($165, Ethan) from 9-1.  I send a snack and lunch.  You might be able to find a program with a random open spot, especially in a 2 year old class, but our school filled up with a wait list back in January.  Definitely wouldn't hurt to call, maybe you could at least find him a spot for January!

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are in Smyrna and pay $250 a month for 2 days a week. This is her first tear going. I asked her pedi at her 2 yr check up if she go, he told me to wait till she was 3 yrs to enroll her.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    I am in Forsyth county but a lot of the churches around here have preschools associated with them. The program I found for Colin is Tues/Thurs from 9-1, with a packed lunch and we are paying $150 p/m. He needs something more socially and in terms of structure. He starts next week. If you find a place that has an open space then you are not too late to put Jax in. GL. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I waited until Grant was 3 to send him, and I'll send Reid next year when he is 3..but the school that Grant goes to offers 2 day 2's from 9:15-12:15 for $120 a month. This is a church preschool as well.
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Options
    Our church has a preschool program that we put Abigail in. She goes M/Tu/Th 9-12:30. We pay $120/month (plus registration fee). Abigail's in the "Older Ones" class since her birthday is after the Sept 1 cutoff. She doesn't get lunch, just a snack that they provide (we can either bring in a costco size snack for the whole class or pay $5/month extra for them to buy a snack). Registration is ongoing all year until the class fills up. She's gone two days so far and really seems to love it. I think it will be good for her just to get a little structure and social interaction that she doesn't get otherwise. Also, it gives me the opportunity to run errands that I can do with her in tow.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow, you guys have it cheap! We pay $245 for 2 days a week, from 9-12. Lunch is not included, and moms bring the snack in for the whole class, so we have to do snack about every 4 weeks. He is not so happy about it but it is slowly getting better :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, the burbs are so cheap!!  We started Colin last year and I had a lot of trouble finding a program for him, since his birthday is right after the school cutoff.  Anyway, he was in a Young 2s last year and this year is Young 3s.  Last year, his class was 2 days a week, 9-12pm and $245/month.  This year is 3 days/week, same time and it's $315/month.
  • Options
    Ds went to preschool last year starting at 18 months. He went two mornings per week for three hours per day. It was $135/mth. He went to the preschool at a church near our house (not the church where we go on Sunday). He loved it. We started him in daycare full time this fall but would otherwise have sent him back to preschool. He was going to go there three mornings per week, three hours per day for $170 if we'd sent him this fall. It was great for his social skills, language development and for him to learn to take direction from others and work as a group.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we are at an accredited church preschool in the young 2's class 2 days a week and we pay 210- we also bring snack for the class about 4/5 times a year and it is from 9:30 -12:30 

if you are not ready for preschool, but need a little time away and want to socialize with moms, look up your local MOPS group! I am on the steering committee of one in Roswell and LOVE it! we have an excellent kids program- they play, have snack, and do a craft- it meets every other week!

the recreation departments have non parent participation classes at this age now too- we are in tiny tykes...so far, i am still sitting on the bleachers in the gym while other moms are outside, but i will slowly work myself out there when he is ready. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"