Pregnant after a Loss
Options

SO's sister is pregnant (possibly long)

Today SO's mom dropped by to visit (and make dinner, bless her heart!). While she was here, she got a phone call from her daughter (SO's sister). I was in the bedroom with SO, when out of nowhere all we hear is, "Really?! Oh!!! I'm so excited!"

SO pumps Mom for info while I hide in the bedroom, seeing as we hadn't shared our news just yet. Turns out, Sis was 3 days late, POAS, and there it was.

Honestly, I'm happy for her. Really, I am... but

She's about 2 weeks behind me. And I just can't help but think, "what if I lose this baby, too?". The thought of spending the next 9 months thinking that I should be as pregnant as she is... I know, it's absolutely ridiculous. I need to stop focusing on the what-ifs and enjoy today, because today I am pregnant and I love my baby.

I'm really hoping that my doctor's appointment on Friday goes well and I can put my mind at ease. On the bright side, we rearranged things and SO will be coming with me Smile 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
Baby Squirt- September 2009
Baby Turtle- May 2010
Baby Surprise- August 2011

Re: SO's sister is pregnant (possibly long)

• Options
    That's wonderful that your SO will be able to go with you!!! I know it's hard not to think of the negatives, but let's try and see some positives. If you DOOOO make it, think of how nice it will be to have someone to shop with and to have the babies at the same age. Instant playmate. :)
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • Options

I pray this is something you get to go through together! I know how hard it is to not think the worse, and it's easier said than done, but I really try to focus on the good things!

I hope Friday gets here soon!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know it must be hard, I hope that friday brings good news!!

• Options

When we told my H's twin sister that I was expecting last time (at 12 weeks), she said, "me too".  It was the most awesome thing I could imagine.  She was only 6 weeks.  I was scared for her that she would lose her baby.  I assumed I was more "safe" at 12 weeks.  Fastforward to me at 23 weeks and we lost our baby.  It was very hard having her pg while I wasn't.  The best part (is there a best part?) was her. Since she knew I was pg, she respected my space.  She emailed me, told me she loved me and would give me whatever space I needed.  I wasn't expected to go to her shower (although I did), or see her.  It took a lot of pressure off.  And when I acted off or didn't talk to her much during family gtg's, everyone understood why.

I'm not suggesting you necessarily share your news with her.  I was surprised she told me last time.  But, I'm so glad she knew.  We told her I was pg this time when we went to visit her in the hospital when my beautiful niece was born.  I was 7 weeks at the time.  It was great being able to say, "In 33 weeks, Ella's going to have a cousin".  I think I will tell her really early next time.

Anyway, the good news like pp said, is that your babies will be the same age!  Most likely, your pg will continue in a healthy, happy fashion and your babies will be the same age!  It will be great sharing the pg with her.

Good luck, best wishes and T&P to you and your family! 

• Options
    I went through that same situation last year.  I was supposed to be a due the beginning of October of last year with my first pregnancy, which I lost very early on.  Then we found out that my brother had knocked up his girlfriend to have his second illegitimate baby.  I had to watch her belly grow to where mine should have been all along.  I had my fair share of hard days, in particular when I lost my second pregnancy, a set of twins about a month before she was due.  I got through it.   But you won't need to because this is your sticky baby, and you are just going to have someone to be pregnant right along side you!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I had a serious heart-to-heart with SO, and he understands my fears but he's being really supportive and telling me that we WILL have our take-home baby... and then he joked that if ours was late, and hers was early, we could possibly be in the hospital at the same time!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"