Special Needs

DS is 2!

DS turned 2. Somehow I was hoping that by now he will be all fixed and typical :) Not so much.

It is a bitter sweet birthday. We cannot really do anything as he is not a fan of jumping and Gymbore-like places, and it is way too hot for being outside. But I did do his professional pictures (do not have any pictures since he was diagnosed 10 months ago) and he looks so big!

What do you ladies do for birthdays?

Re: DS is 2!

• Happy B-day!

He's still very small, so don't be down on yourself, if you're not doing anything "big". We only had a small cake for DS's second b-day - just me, DH and DS (no other kids or people)...and then we went to the zoo with 3 other ladies from my old mommy and me class and their toddlers. We pushed them all in their strollers, showed them a few lions and bears and called it a day.

• Happy birthday!

We cater our parties to what he likes.  Last year he wasn't into crowds of people paying attention to him, so we invited two close friends and their kids to come to a water park with us.  Zach loves this water park.  We played, ate snacks and cupcakes, and had a great time.  So even thought it was small, it was perfect for him and that is what counts.

This year, we are going back to the same place (that's how much he loves it) but we are inviting more people -- kids from his SN preschool and a few additional friends.  Its good because there is no pressure on him to engage in any particular activity at any point in time (circle time at Gymboree parties is a nightmare).  He's not into the typical b-day party activities, so I don't picture us doing anything like that soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you guys!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"