Infertility
Options

So IVF w/Icsi a maybe now...

instead of a definite.  DH and I went to see his urologist today.  The 2nd SA didn't really improve from the first (still showing low count and iffy motility).  After the physical exam, Dr  stated that he saw (felt?) a smallish cluster or veins that may be a varicocele.  DH now has an apt for an u/s thurs to see, and also had some blood work that was drawn today (the dr said it'd take up to 3 or 4 weeks for all the results to come back! ugh!).  

If it's a large enough varicocele, the dr would consider surgery.  Any info/experience w/ vari repair?  I'm just so worried that we'd go that route, wait the three months or so for the possible increase in #'s and motility, and then still BFN!

We've been trying since 1/2008 and FINALLY got a midwife that saw an issue with that and I thought we were on our way...it seems like it's hurry up and wait for now!!!   I'm going for my sonohysterogram tomorrow w/my RE ( I love that she wants to do all her own workup!) so I'll pick her brain during it.   Sorry for the long rant...I just hate the wait!! 

Re: So IVF w/Icsi a maybe now...

• Options
    DH had a varicocele repair and it failed. He had 2 SA's, saw the uro, the u/s confirmed the varicocele and was offered 2 surgical options. Either go in through the testicle, similar to a vasectomy or go in the groin with a catheter and put coils in. He chose the later which has a 90% success rate. After 10 weeks, he started having pain. Another u/s confirmed the varicocele was still there and another SA showed absolutely no improvement pre-surgery and an infection. We are just moving onto IVF with ICSI. Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, it makes me feel like I'm not crazy for thinking that it may be a waste.  I really do trust our RE, though, so I'll see what she says today!  GL w/your cycle in Oct!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"