March 2011 Moms
Options

Had First Appt. Yesterday!

So I had my first appointment yesterday and here is what I found out. We were just going to listen to the heartbeat but when the Dr. tried to find it on the Doppler he couldn't. I was freaking out. He said he wasn't worried he couldn't hear it but to reassure me he did an ultrasound. Back when I was 10w they did an ultrasound and they couldn't see anything by doing a tummy u/s so they did a trans-vaginal and we saw the baby! When they took me into the room today (which I am 11w6d) they did a tummy u/s and we saw the baby right away and its heartbeat was 186bpm! It would NOT sit still which makes me think that's why the HB was so fast! It was measuring at 11w1d and measuring at 4.15 cm. The Dr. came back and said "this is what we like to see! the pictures are beautiful. Its pretty much safe to say you are out of the woods for miscarriage" which I know it could happen at anytime! Here is a picture!

https://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx138/MissMonica02/0830001758.jpg

So has it ever happened to anybody where they couldn't find the heartbeat on the doppler? I was so scared just sitting there not hearing anything. And are the measurements okay for the weeks? Thanks ladies!

Re: Had First Appt. Yesterday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"