Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Repost from 9-12: Recaro Car Seat

Does anyone have a Recaro seat?  If so. what are your pros and cons?

Re: Repost from 9-12: Recaro Car Seat

• Options
    we have the Recaro Como and love it.  really, no cons.  it's a bigger seat, but we still have it RF in my Hyundai sedan.  it's nice and plush, has nice big pads on the straps and DS seems really comfy in it.   the only thing i wish it had was a cup holder.  oh, and the fireman who installed it said it was a PITA , but we haven't taken it out since so I wouldn't know.
    imageimage

• Options
    I'm wondering how it would fit in my little car RF.  I wish there was one around in stock so I could see it in person.  Thanks for your review! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't think of any cons.  We have them RF in our Odyssey and Camry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have the Como as well and love it! We actually just ordered another one for baby #2. DD loves it and it's super comfortable for her (she falls asleep in it all the time). We have it RF in our Ford Explorer but we've fit it in smaller cars (Hyundai Elantra and Toyota Camry) while traveling as well just fine.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagechristiney06:
    we have the Recaro Como and love it.  really, no cons.  it's a bigger seat, but we still have it RF in my Hyundai sedan.  it's nice and plush, has nice big pads on the straps and DS seems really comfy in it.   the only thing i wish it had was a cup holder.  oh, and the fireman who installed it said it was a PITA , but we haven't taken it out since so I wouldn't know.

Yeah I can believe that. Our Explorer is older and doesn't have the latch system so we have it belt installed - but we've latch installed it in other cars and you really have to force the latch part to hook to the metal loops. But once it's in, it's super secure!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have the Como also. It is really big! I have it RF in my CX-7, its hard to see over the carseat. I don't think its hard to install. I take it in and out of my car all the time, never thought it was a big deal. I like it a lot. I also got it for a really good deal on woot.com, I don't think I would pay the full price for it. My husband just wanted it because its a Recaro, he's a car guy and his car has Recaro seats.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have the Como as well and it's fine. But there are definitely some cons. It has very little legroom RF. It's not really any worse than the old style Britax seats for that, and they are incredibly popular, but it's a lot less legroom RF than many other seats. Plus, it only RF to 35 pounds and lots of seats RF longer now. It also seems to be fairly narrow in the shoulders. It's not an issue for my 3 1/2 year old yet, but she will not fit in it anywhere close to 70 pounds like it says it can harness to.

I thought it was easy to install and use. The harness adjustor is buttery smooth, smoother than any I've seen since. The cover is so soft and plush. It's a nice seat. I like it. I was happy with it when I bought it. Plus, they are expensive. But considering the great seats that have come out since then I would not buy it again. I'd rather buy a Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL (which I also own and is my favorite seat overall) or a Graco MyRide (which is significantly cheaper and has more space as well has a higher RF weight limit.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• Options

FYI if you're interested in getting it at a pretty good price - Elite Carseats has the Recaro Como G2 (in black/red, black/pink or black/light blue) for $164.99 with free shipping. LINK HERE

We ordered DD#2's last week and it shipped the next morning and was at my parent's house in WA a few days later!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"