Georgia Babies
Options

s/o birthday parties: winter birthdays

DD birthday is on the 29th of December...great! I've seen all these blogs and ideas, but they all seemed to be very summerish and I really can't see them for DD.

Any ideas of a location for a birthday party or winter birthday ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o birthday parties: winter birthdays

• Options
    We have the same issue. His last two we've held at our house but I refuse to hold the next one here because it's too much of a pain in the rear to prep and clean up. Ds is a little older than your dd. So far I've considered monkey joes, catch air and the duluth train museum. I am not in love with any of them.
  • Options
    I've been to one that had a hot chocolate bar w/ marshmellows, whipped cream, sprinkles, cinnamon sticks, etc.  That was pretty cute.  And I think they had a chili bar for the food.  Chili in a crock pot and fritos, cheese, etc. for toppings. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For location- either your house or rent out a community center of some sort (that's what we did and it worked out great!)

For theme- Do something she's into...a show, animal, song, book, etc. 

Food- I love K&P's idea of the hot chocolate bar and chilli 

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Same problem here! (Hers is Dec. 30).  I think we are going to do it at my IL's on Jan. 2. 

As for theme, I don't want to do anything winter-y.  It will just be too much after the holidays.  I'm thinking of doing the complete opposite - like a summer carnival theme or having a beach/ hula/ tiki theme (think "July in Christmas").  Margaritas for the grown-ups, of course!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Great idea Lori!

I'm thinking of doing her big birthday party the weekend after with will be Jan. 8th that way it gives people a chance to settle after the holidays.

I'll def have to look where I'm going to have her party at and then decide what to do...umph!

• Options
    imageRoci26:

Great idea Lori!

I'm thinking of doing her big birthday party the weekend after with will be Jan. 8th that way it gives people a chance to settle after the holidays.

I'll def have to look where I'm going to have her party at and then decide what to do...umph!

That sounds like a plan.  I think Jan. 2 will work for us since we're only doing family and our house is too small, so the IL's will have to host (haha - suckers).

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"