TTC After a Loss
Options

+OPK Again?

So, I had gotten 6 days of +OPK's earlier this cycle, but no temperature shift.  I attributed it to stress.  Now, I got another + after days of -.  I know it could be PCOS, but has anyone not diagnosed experienced this or anyone heard of it?  When I researched stress leading to skipping ovulation, it said your body may try again, but it is pretty late in my cycle.  I'm normally 28-30 days (even post d&c).

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.

Re: +OPK Again?

• Options

I am on day four of +OPKs. From what I have read, it may be that your 6 days of +OPKs are from catching the LH surge on the way up and the way down. Sometimes if your egg is having a hard time being released, you will have a longer LH surge. Your body may even try to release another egg.

I am hoping for the both of us that it's fine and we get pregnant this month!!!

• Options
    Yeah, I read up on that too.  The +'s were decently far away though.  I hope it's my body trying again.  I agree; I hope it's our month too.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It makes sense that your body might try to O again... good luck!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options

Your body will probably keep trying until it succeeds.  My last cycle was longer than normal too, and I had three +OPKs spaced out over a week or so (check out my chart, if you want to see). It was SO frustrating, but I attribute it to bar exam stress.  ;-)  Maybe your body is still recovering hormonally from the pregnancy/D&C?

ETA:  Regardless, I hope this is your cycle too!!!! :-) 

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I had a funky cycle with this, too.  Lots of +OPKs, and it sometimes skipped between - and + on consecutive days.  I think I tested for 9 days in a row.  I finally ran out of tests and decided (hoped) the last + was THE + to work with (although there was a sufficient level of BDing throughout the 9 days, too).  We'll see a week from tomorrow (or so)...

GL!

• Options
    imageanonomity:

Your body will probably keep trying until it succeeds.  My last cycle was longer than normal too, and I had three +OPKs spaced out over a week or so (check out my chart, if you want to see). It was SO frustrating, but I attribute it to bar exam stress.  ;-)  Maybe your body is still recovering hormonally from the pregnancy/D&C?

Wow your cycle looks very similar to mine (sans the 6 day +OPK streak).  I think it was stress to conceive but my hormones are totally out of what (the major breakout on my face agrees) so I can't count them out. 
  • Options
    imagejamilynn9:
    imageanonomity:

Wow your cycle looks very similar to mine (sans the 6 day +OPK streak).  I think it was stress to conceive but my hormones are totally out of what (the major breakout on my face agrees) so I can't count them out. 

That is crazy!  Yeah, my hormones are still totally wacky too.  I still keep getting horrible breakouts on my face, just like when I was pregnant... I've never had bad skin until all of this.  :-(  

Hopefully your hormones will chill out a bit so you can O and get pregnant again!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! 

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageanonomity:
    imagejamilynn9:
    imageanonomity:

That is crazy!  Yeah, my hormones are still totally wacky too.  I still keep getting horrible breakouts on my face, just like when I was pregnant... I've never had bad skin until all of this.  :-(  

Hopefully your hormones will chill out a bit so you can O and get pregnant again!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! 

Thanks!  Yeah, my breakouts are new since pregnancy too.  My skin is just starting to clear up I think.  Nothing new in the past 4 days, yay!  I haven't O'd yet, but finally stablizing temps....hopefully today!

• Options
    imageanonomity:
    imagejamilynn9:
    imageanonomity:

That is crazy!  Yeah, my hormones are still totally wacky too. I still keep getting horrible breakouts on my face, just like when I was pregnant... I've never had bad skin until all of this.  :-(  

Ugh, me too.  I have three HUGE zits on my face right now--just in time for SIL's wedding this weekend (festivities start tomorrow night).  I'm trying to coax the swelling down with ice, but so far no luck.  Beautiful.  I just keep thinking, "at least I'm not the bride!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"