Austin Babies

Non-Clicky Poll: People say the darnedest things!

I went to lunch with a friend today.  She looks at DD in the stroller and snarls up her nose and says, "When babies are that age, they're more of an accessory than anything else."   WTH?  

Reminds me of Nikison's post about carrying a doll in her car seat.  People are wierd.  What's the craziest thing that you've ever been told about your LO?

Re: Non-Clicky Poll: People say the darnedest things!

• imageMrsRosie:
    Seems a little unfair to lump together people with no children.

You're right, Rosie.  I'm going to change it to people in general.   

• Ouch, what a stupid remark! I guess the craziest thing (so far...I'm not that far into it!) was when we were on a walk and a little boy said, "He looks fake, like a doll. His feet look like they're made of wax or something. Creepy." His dad was like, "That's because they're so clean, unlike yours!"
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • we went on vacation with my cousins in july and for some reason t wouldn't sleep past 430. (i guess she didn't get that it was VACATION, lol !).  they were like 'do you put up with this at home?'  and 'i would just let her cry until she went back to bed. that's just ridiculous!'

my other favorite from that week (we've had probs with her not eating much) 'maybe you shouldn't feed her so much formula and that will make her eat more real food' and 'she obviously doesn't like what you are feeding her' (as they proceeded to feed her bbq potato chips to prove a point.

sorry, once i started, i couldn't stop lol ! they aren't bad people--just a little clueless.

09/21/09 and 08/16/2011 image
  • I'm just pregnant, so mine probably don't count, but here's my favorite pregnancy/LO related comments by people w/o children:

Coworker 1: Hey, did you hear that Sara is knocked up?
    Coworker 2: What? How did that happen?!
    Later that day....
    Coworker 2: Bye, Sara. Um, congratulations, I guess. I hope it wasn't an accident.

WTF? For real? He met my husband 6 years ago, we've been married for 2 years, together for 8 ... It's not like me getting pregnant is some huge surprise or anything?

Another coworker: Dude, I heard you were pregnant! Wow, y'all didn't mess around huh? You really rushed into that one!
    Me (already annoyed from the other coworkers reaction): Yah, we really did rush into getting pregnant, only waiting 8 years and all ...

• I said to my sister an hour or so after she had my nephew "wow - it looks like you're still 5 or 6 months pregnant."  I guess I thought when the baby arrived, momma's tummy mostly went away.  Oops.  I now know much, much better.  I think she still hates me a little bit for that one.  And I don't blame her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • imageShernRich:

"When babies are that age, they're more of an accessory than anything else."   WTH?  

Indifferent 

Well in that case I'm going to start dressing DD to coordinate better with my outfits.

• People still ask all the time if they are triplets. I totally don't get that. How in the hell could they possibly be triplets? Wyatt still gets called a girl. We were at BRU last Friday and some lady asked me if we were going to have more kids (yeah, not really tactful to begin with). I said no I don't think so and she said, "Well at least you got your girl." She actually apologized to me a few minutes later when she finally realized Wyatt was a boy, which is more than I can say for most people!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• imageKim777:
    People still ask all the time if they are triplets. I totally don't get that. How in the hell could they possibly be triplets? Wyatt still gets called a girl. We were at BRU last Friday and some lady asked me if we were going to have more kids (yeah, not really tactful to begin with). I said no I don't think so and she said, "Well at least you got your girl." She actually apologized to me a few minutes later when she finally realized Wyatt was a boy, which is more than I can say for most people!

Don't feel too bad about people thinking your boys are triplets.  My sister and I were once mistaken for TWINS. Um, I'm 5'6", she's 4'11". I'm 3 years old than she is.  We were both adults at the time (30 and 27.)  It was at Kerby Lane, so it's possible the mistaker was high. Smile

• Nothing so far about LO, but my coworkers had lots of good ones when I was PG:

From a 50-something male sketch-ball: "You're due in May? That would put conception in August."

"Oh No! Kristen's on the elevator, we've exceeded our weight capacity!"

"You now look pregnant from behind."

"You are practically a Weeble."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMainer-in-Texas:

From a 50-something male sketch-ball: "You're due in May? That would put conception in August."

Ew..lol! 

• 1) "OOH!  Twins!"

2) "EW, what's on his head?" by a 10-ish year old girl in Buy Buy Baby.  I almost throat punched her, and I'm not sure if I was more bothered by the "EW", the "his", or about it being the 85th millionth comment about V's strawberry. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The only thing I can think of right now is when DS was 7 weeks old we went to a friends house who have a 5 year old and 3 year (the mom's world!) and B gets tired and hungry and it was time for me to eat.  Well of course I want to feed him before myself and try to get him to fall asleep.  All of them including the husband's parents said "Just let him cry.  You can put him on our bed and let him cry, it won't bother us."  WTF?  I'm not going to make my 7 week old CIO.  There's no way she would have ever made her kids do that that young.  It made me so mad.  At the time he was waking up twice a night and for me that was great.  They proceeded to tell me how bad that was and by 3 months he better be STTN.  Seriously?  Shut your effing mouth.
  • I don't have anything about LO yet, but I did have a co-worker (who has kids of her own, so she's been pg before) say, "How many babies do you have in there? You're HUGE for 5 months along!"  Of course, my response was, "Um, that's because I'm 7 months pregnant!"  Ooh - I could have smacked her. 

Do people just not think before they speak?  Or do they really believe the things they say?

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"