Multiples
Options

How do I quit obsessing?

I worry constantly about the babies. I have a lot of free time at work and so I spend a lot of time looking at stuff online for them. At last weeks u/s we got the scary TTTS call and I just have to wait 1 more week for the dr. I have told myself I wasnt going to talk about my fears with my friends and extended family, but I know there realistically are going to be a few scary moments over the next few months and then I will have a whole new basket of worries when they finally do come out. I try so hard not to worry so I dont hurt the babies. My DH asks me if that is all I think about. Most of the time it is because I am starting to obviously show and I cannot hide it so people constantly ask me at work. My body is aching and changing so it is hard not to think about it when I have noticeble changes to my body and daily routine. I have nightmares about something happening to them. I dont obsessively share my baby thoughts with everyone all the time. i can carry on a normal adult conversation still and talk about other things besides the babies. But constantly in my head it is there. Is this normal or do I just need to relax and find a hobby?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How do I quit obsessing?

• Options

First off, big virtual ((HUGS)) to you. 

We didn't have to deal with TTTS (and I'm sorry that you have to worry about that), but we did have a scary third trimester with hospital stays, contractions, dropping heartrates after contractions, Baby B's cord blood flow issues, Baby B's growth issues, and my health/BP issues.  Needless to say, I worried ALL.THE.TIME.  Even before all of these problems, I worried ALL.THE.TIME.  I really think it's normal.

That being said, the best advice I can give you is to STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET - I didn't always follow that advice, and I found a lot of stuff online that scared the bejeezus out of me.

Next, I would just trust/listen your doctor, and trust your body - if something doesn't feel right, no matter what time it is or where you are, call your doctor for piece of mind.  They are used to it and will not be bothered (and even if they are, who cares?).

Finally, ask a lot of questions when you do have your doctor appointments, and if you forget to ask a question while at the doctor or think of something when you are home, call them and ask.

Good luck, and please try your best to relax and enjoy every minute of your pregnancy - it really does go by so quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"