May 2011 Moms

Dr's Appointment

So I'm seeing that a lot of you have had bloodwork done, and possibly even seen your Dr/MW already. 

My first appointment is Oct. 5th....I'll be 9wks 4 days.  I am not having any bloodwork done prior to that.  Is that normal? When I called, they said they don't see anybody until after 9 wks, and assume everything is progressing normally/well unless other indicators are present. 

I am just REALLY anxious to find out what is going on. (D@mn type A personality)  I want to see what's happening or have BW show something.

Grrrrrrr.......9 months is going to be a VERY long time as impatient as I've been!

Re: Dr's Appointment

• I won't have my first appointment until 7 weeks. I think a lot of the ladies that have already had Drs. appointments have had previous m/c or other higher risk pregnancies/complications. I feel like it's going to be impossible for me to wait, but I'm sure it'll be here before you know it.
    married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is not until Sept 10th (7weeks). Not sure what all they will do at that appointment, hopefully I can get to hear the heartbeat. They want me to go back after 10 weeks so yeah I think 9 weeks is just right. Counting down the days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi...My first doctors appointment isn't until Sept. 28th. I will be a bit over nine weeks then.  I have had bloodwork already this pregnancy because when I was pregnant with DD, I had issues in the beginning of the pregnancy.  Thankfully all is well with the bloodwork so far and i've already been given appropriate medication that I didn't know I needed with DD until close to 7-8 weeks.  I am also like you though, in that I feel like the appt should be sooner and i want to know what is going on in there.  Hang in there and enjoy the time...being that it is your first, rest up now!!!!
  • With my first pregnancy, they weren't going to schedule me until around 9 weeks too. I got bloodwork done, but it was only a yes/no answer. When I asked them about numbers, they said since it was my first and considered "a normal" pregnancy, they weren't too aggressive. With my second pregnancy, I got hcgs done and an early u/s because I had a previous m/c.
  • I had a blood test to confirm my pregnancy, but that's standard practice for my OB/GYNs office before they'll actually see you.

My first appointment with an actual OB isn't until 9/20 when I will be 7w1d and I'm not sure what will happen then.

What they consider to be my very first pre-natal appointment is actually next Thursday 9/9, but that is just with the nurse and we will probably just go over medical histories, a routine exam and maybe a pap because I am due for one.
    * PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My OB's office normally doesn't see you til somewhere between 8 - 10 weeks. I think that's fairly standard. Every office is different though. I was a little surprised last time that they didn't have me come in to confirm earlier too, but those HPTs are often stronger than the urine tests at the office, so you can trust them. :-)

This time around they're having me come in at 7 weeks for my peace of mind and it still feels like a lifetime away.

Yes, it definitely sucks to wait, but I think pregnancy is a whole lot of waiting. :-) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • My doctor did not to blood work last time until I had some cramping, then the blood work confirmed the worst, I had a m/c.

This time I am getting blood work because of the m/c.

Normally she would not see a 'typical' pregnancy until between 8-10 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My first appt is scheduled for 10/8.  I will be 9 weeks 5 days..  Which seems like a lifetime away.  With my first they saw me at 9 weeks as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"