Working Moms

A post for the "approaching or over 40" moms.....

What is your skincare regimen?  And are you considering any enhancements like Botox?

I use Olay Regnerist Microscrub daily and Neutrogena daily lotion. Some eye cream at night. 

I have minimal wrinkles but am starting to think about a little Botox on the forehead............

Re: A post for the "approaching or over 40" moms.....

• Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Yes I am noticing the few wrinkles on my face.  I will be 40 next month.  I have to say I have very good genes because my skin tone is pretty firm, even with not using sunblock and partying hard in my 20's.

What is your skincare regimen?  And are you considering any enhancements like Botox?

I take my multivitamin and I try to eat healthy foods rich in: omega-3, B12, E, etc...  I eat tons of purple raw cabbage, kale, blueberries, salmon, almonds, oatmeal, cinnamon.  That being said I also use a night cream - Anew from Avon and an eye night cream from Arbonne (sp?).   In the morning I really try to use the SPF 15 morning face lotion. 

If there was such a thing as a mini- facelift I would truly consider it.  All I would need is to pull my facial skin (Especially around the cheeks area back a little and I'd look 5 years younger.  Not sure about Botox. 

• I use acne cleanser at night (yes, I *still* have acne) and Rx creams before bed.  In the AM I use an exfoliant cleanser and toner.  I can't use any creams on my face.  I will probably consider restalyn or botox in a few years.  Other "improvements" probably in my mid- 40s. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 35... I use a cocktail of Clarins products. Pricey, but I love them. I also get glycolic peels every few months.

My skin looks good as far as wrinkles are concerned but, thanks to years of baking in the sun, I'm starting to notice a lot more freckles, which I hate. I'll be talking to my pricey dermatologist about that.  His office does pigmented lesion removal (fun!) which I'm going to look into. 

I'll get botox when the time comes... I'll be looking into skin tightening too.  My mom looks pretty good at 62 with very few wrinkles (she's had some help, but still - I'm hoping I got her good aging genes).

How depressing.  Now I need to race home and have my favorite anti-aging product - red wine. 

• ::: butting in :::

any advice for younger moms???

would you've done something different??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • (applause for the *red wine* antioxidant recommendation)

Seriously:

Eat your veggies, lots of water, fruit, nuts, lentils, minimal makeup, remove make up before you go to bed, moisturize moisturize moisturize, minimize the junkfood and especially soda!!!!!,  limit the alcohol, don't smoke.

• imageshouldbworkin:
    I use acne cleanser at night (yes, I *still* have acne) and Rx creams before bed.  In the AM I use an exfoliant cleanser and toner.  I can't use any creams on my face.  I will probably consider restalyn or botox in a few years.  Other "improvements" probably in my mid- 40s. 
    I use clindamycin gel and have a script for doxy that I have not picked up yet. Just in the last year my skin has been breaking out. 
  • I use Olay Regenerist facial scrub.  I too have had an awful time with acne the last few months - I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one!  Since I stopped nursing Ryan I've been breaking out with cystic type acne and it's been awful.  My dermatologist said it's actually quite common in women "my age" because of shifting hormone levels.  So I was on Doxy - did nothing for me.  Now I'm on a high blood pressure medication that gives goods results with adult acne strangely enough.  I have noticed a difference with that medication - and a day and night time topical.

A friend started selling Votre Vu and I got a cleanser, moisturizer, serum, etc for Christmas.  With my face breaking out the way it has been I've been afraid to use it.  Once I get my skin under control I will work on the moisturizing and fine lines around my eyes. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• imageluvmagoldn:

I use Olay Regenerist facial scrub.  I too have had an awful time with acne the last few months - I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one!  Since I stopped nursing Ryan I've been breaking out with cystic type acne and it's been awful.  My dermatologist said it's actually quite common in women "my age" because of shifting hormone levels.  So I was on Doxy - did nothing for me.  Now I'm on a high blood pressure medication that gives goods results with adult acne strangely enough.  I have noticed a difference with that medication - and a day and night time topical.

A friend started selling Votre Vu and I got a cleanser, moisturizer, serum, etc for Christmas.  With my face breaking out the way it has been I've been afraid to use it.  Once I get my skin under control I will work on the moisturizing and fine lines around my eyes. 

SO I googled the antihypertensive you are using (I guessed) and it says one of the side effects is bigger boobs.  That I DON'T need.  But is it working for you? The clinda dries my skin - I am going to switch to the cream formula, I think.  Or go for the doxy although I don't like the idea of taking an antibiotic every day...........
  • I've been using the generic version of Renova (Tretinoin .05%) but I haven't seen any results. I gave it a good 6 months, then quit, and now I'm starting up again at my derm's suggestion. She thinks I didn't give it enough time.

I'm beginning to think nothing short of lasers and/or scalpels is really effective.

Sad

I'd like to try a filler one day for the little lines forming around my mouth, but holy hell, they're pricey! Like $800???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSpenjamins:
    imageshouldbworkin:
    I use acne cleanser at night (yes, I *still* have acne) and Rx creams before bed.  In the AM I use an exfoliant cleanser and toner.  I can't use any creams on my face.  I will probably consider restalyn or botox in a few years.  Other "improvements" probably in my mid- 40s. 
    I use clindamycin gel and have a script for doxy that I have not picked up yet. Just in the last year my skin has been breaking out. 

I use finacea and erythromiacin and both have been working really well for me and my lovely cycstic acne.  Just as well as Retin A did back when I qualified for insurance coverage for that (b/c it was clearly for acne and not wrinkles ... GRRRR!).  I think I have been on clindamycin before too, but it's not safe for TTC (if I'm even doing that anymore).  gotta love those hormones, eh? 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I use the clindamycin cream, it is less drying but still works for me and my lovely PCOS acne.  They let me use the weaker one while TTC, pg, and bfing.

I use Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer that is tinted as my 'makeup', and wash each night with neutrogena.  I need to look into wrinkle stuff....has anyone tried the Oil Of Olay 7 signs of aging stuff?

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageSpenjamins:
    imageluvmagoldn:

I use Olay Regenerist facial scrub.  I too have had an awful time with acne the last few months - I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one!  Since I stopped nursing Ryan I've been breaking out with cystic type acne and it's been awful.  My dermatologist said it's actually quite common in women "my age" because of shifting hormone levels.  So I was on Doxy - did nothing for me.  Now I'm on a high blood pressure medication that gives goods results with adult acne strangely enough.  I have noticed a difference with that medication - and a day and night time topical.

SO I googled the antihypertensive you are using (I guessed) and it says one of the side effects is bigger boobs.  That I DON'T need.  But is it working for you? The clinda dries my skin - I am going to switch to the cream formula, I think.  Or go for the doxy although I don't like the idea of taking an antibiotic every day...........

WHAT?  I didn't see that on the insert that came with the medication!  I don't need that either but frankly, I'll deal if it works on my acne!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I'm trying to reduce my use of chemicals since the stuff used in creams and cosmetics is unregulated.  I wash my face with Dr. Bronner's baby mild.  I use California Baby calendula cream as a night/eye cream, and another moisturizer/sunblock that rates low risk on the EWG cosmetics database (forget the name).  California Baby sunscreen when I need a full sun lotion.  Wear a hat - try to stay out of the sun.   Drink water.  I tried botox for my wedding a few years ago (two lines between my eyes above nose bridge), but it wore off really quickly - $700 blown. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"