April 2011 Moms
Options

frustrated with my skin.

I've broken out with pimples, my skin has a sallow appearance, I have bags under my eyes, and broken blood vessels around my nose. Oh and my pores on my nose are clogged.

I feel terrible and I look terrible. 

I used to use a salicylic acid face wash followed by a retinal skin creme, but those were both nixed by my doc for the first tri at least. 

Anyone have any magic creams or lotions for any of my issues? 
Any make-up recommendations for a fair skin lady?  I also used to use Bare Minerals, but it started looking mask like.  I recently switched to Korres foundation but I don't think its got enough coverage for me.

I want to skip right to my pregnancy 'glow'. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: frustrated with my skin.

• Options
    imageManiacMcGee:

I've broken out with pimples, my skin has a sallow appearance, I have bags under my eyes, and broken blood vessels around my nose. Oh and my pores on my nose are clogged.

I used to use a salicylic acid face wash followed by a retinal skin creme, but those were both nixed by my doc for the first tri at least. 

Any make-up recommendations for a fair skin lady?  I also used to use Bare Minerals, but it started looking mask like.  I recently switched to Korres foundation but I don't think its got enough coverage for me.

I have oily skin regardless, but with my son (not with my daugther though) I broke out BAD.  It was so embarrassing.  Finally as a last straw, I went out and bought a bar of antibacterial straight up Dial soap.  That did it.  That stuff will kill anything.  And if your skin is crazy oily like mine, you don't have to worry about it drying out your skin.  To this day I use that every time I shower followed up by the clean and clear exfoliating scrub (check the label - mine doesn't have salicylic acid in it).  Dorky but my theory is that if the dial leaves soap scum on my face, the exfoliating scrub will eliminate it.  Honest to God though...dial soap. 

• Options
    I am there with you. I have never had pimples..only the occational one in the teenage years and only on my face. Well with this pregnancy I have had multiple pimples on my face and one on my my back!!!$@^*@& I have never had any pimples on my back and it is gross.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll try anything! Thanks for the tip. 
  • Options
    I break out a lot, although I have the horrible habit of picking and not keeping my hands off my face (gross, I know) but since I always use salicylic acid I have been freaking out about what I am going to do..my moisturizer even had salicylic acid in it! I got Burt's Bees deep cleansing wash and then have just been making sure I cleans, tone and moisturize every day and it has worked wonders! I was never religious about doing that but it has made such a difference. I got Neutrogena moisturizer for combination skin because I get oily. I also have been using regular toothpaste on my pimples if I get a bad one (but it has to be regular white PASTE, not gel). As far as make up, I used to use Bare Minerals for years until it all of sudden started making me get a dry, itchy rash..I was using MAC but that is a little heavy for me and made me break out worse so now I am just using Loreal true match powder and a little concealer..it blends really nice but doesn't have the same coverage as Bare Minerals : /
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Between 5-7 weeks my skin was a wreck, I was also using a pressed powder foundation, I have since switched over to liquid (Revlon's colorstay )and have been using ponds wipes then washing with Purpose. My face has actually cleared up significantly in the past 2 weeks. I am hoping its here to stay.

• Options

I've been using Avalon Organics Vitamin C line and it seems to be helping a little bit. I got mine at Whole Foods, but I also just saw it at Target. I really like the cleanser- makes my skin feel fresh and smells amazing.

As far as makeup goes, nothing fives me a better "glow" than the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (it's pricy, but totally worth it IMO). I use that all over my face, and then put some concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cetaphil. It's amazing, and cheap, and the only thing I'll use on my skin anymore. I have very sensitive skin.

Also, I found that skipping makeup helped a lot.

My skin has been a wreck for the past year and a half, since our first pregnancy - I never really got a break from the hormones and the breakouts. The Cetaphil and no makeup routine is the only thing that has worked.

• Options
    imageshoebride07:

Between 5-7 weeks my skin was a wreck, I was also using a pressed powder foundation, I have since switched over to liquid (Revlon's colorstay )and have been using ponds wipes then washing with Purpose. My face has actually cleared up significantly in the past 2 weeks. I am hoping its here to stay.

Ohhh you give me hope! Thanks!

• Options
    imageambrandau2:

Cetaphil. It's amazing, and cheap, and the only thing I'll use on my skin anymore. I have very sensitive skin.

My skin has been a wreck for the past year and a half, since our first pregnancy - I never really got a break from the hormones and the breakouts. The Cetaphil and no makeup routine is the only thing that has worked.

I saw your rave about Cetaphil in another post and ran out and bought it. I haven't used it yet (finishing up an older bottle of something first).  Hopefully it will help with the pimples. BUT my skin looks so red and sallow (bad combination) that I need to wear makeup. 

• Options
    imageambrandau2:

I saw your rave about Cetaphil in another post and ran out and bought it. I haven't used it yet (finishing up an older bottle of something first).  Hopefully it will help with the pimples. BUT my skin looks so red and sallow (bad combination) that I need to wear makeup. 

• Options
    I actually think that like many other pregnancy issues the skin issue will get better. My skin was breaking out all of the time a couple of weeks ago and now it's looking much, much better.
  • Options
    imageambrandau2:

Ooh, thanks for the suggestion, I'm definitely going to have to try that, too. 

• Options

I was completely dependent on salicylic acid pre-pregnancy too! I've been using Belli brand Acne Clearing Facial Wash and it's working almost as well as salicylic acid. I've started using it on my chest and back because I started breaking out there too, and my skin has really improved in the last week.

Belli is specifically designed to be pregnancy safe and you get a huge bottle for the money--I like it. :)

Photobucket Alice Julia - born 3/25/11
  • Options
    imageManiacMcGee:

I feel your pain! I quit Renova 4 weeks ago and my skill is dull, my pores are clogged and I look TERRIBLE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"