Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Prenatals

Does anyone have a problem with prenatal vitamins making them sick? I've tried the Nature Made and Spring Valley brands and a few hours after taking them i start throwing up. If you've had this problem have you found any other brand that works better for you? My Dr told me it was probably the iron making me sick. Right now i am taking a regular multi-vitamin (with no iron) and folic acid, but i'd really feel better if i was taking iron too!
Married: 9.21.2010
TTC since: September 2010
BFP 1/18/2013 - beta #1 - 174
1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Prenatals

• Options
    I haven't had this problem, but I know lots of others have. You can try taking them at night and/or taking them with food to help prevent the sick feeling. Hope that helps!
  • Options

I take the Rainbow Light brand and LOVE them.  These are the only multi-vitamins in general that haven't made me feel sick!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PP mentioned, I take mine before bed.  I have felt slightly "off" when I took them in the a.m., but the same brand at night is perfectly fine.  I probably still have more food in my stomache from dinner than I do in the morning when I take it with breakfast.
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have to take mine after eating lunch or dinner.  If I take them after breakfast (i dont eat a lot early in the morning) i feel like i am going to be sick.  that is with prenatals and multi vitamins.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I take them at night before bed and am ok.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    Same here, I feel sick if I take them in the morning. I usually take mine with lunch that way I have plenty of food in my stomach.
  • Options
    I take one-a-day prenatals and about 20 minutes later I'm throwing up if I don't take them with food or with enough food. I always tried to take them first thing in the morning but now I wait until after I eat lunch and I have been fine so far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ethan Christopher 7/7/11 www.noreenturner.com
  • Options
    I take the Jameison brand from Canada. As long as I take them mid-day to evening with food then I'm fine for the nausea related to them. If I take it on an empty stomach or first thing in the morning, then I feel sick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I have tried taking them at night before bed and i wake up in the middle of the night throwing up, but i think i'll try to take them after dinner and see if that helps any.
    1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I used to have a problem with them making me sick so I started taking them at night before I go to bed
  • Options

imagechessa05:
    I haven't had this problem, but I know lots of others have. You can try taking them at night and/or taking them with food to help prevent the sick feeling. Hope that helps!

I started taking the PNV recently and have had some issues like dizziness, etc. I spoke to a nurse about it today and she recommended that I take them at night to see if that helps at all. 

• Options

imagecvl105:
    I take them at night before bed and am ok.

This! I used to get very sick from them but started taking them before bed and I am fine.

11/05/10 - Found out I had PCOS 11/08/10- Started Provera to get AF 11/20/10 - AF!! 11/24/10 - Start 50 mg Clomid Received blood work back to determine no ovulation occurred :( 12/20/10 - Met with RE 12/21/10 - Started Metformin 03/10/11 - Started Clomid 50 mg Still no ovulation 4/20/11- Started another round of 50 mg Clomid No Sign of Ovulation 5/20/11- Last round of 50 mg Clomid No signs of ovulation 6/20/11 - Dieted and lost 20 pounds and decided to take a mental break from the baby making. Contacted a new RE 9/21/11 - Started First Round of 100 mg Clomid 10/3/11 - Ultra Sound showed Clomid worked! Received trigger shot 10/4/11- IUI scheduled. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
  • Options
    RAINBOW LIGHT :)
  • Options

imageAmsterdamMa*am:
    RAINBOW LIGHT :)

This!! They aren't supposed to upset your stomach.  I take mine before bed and haven't had a single problem with being sick. 

• Options
    I take Target brand prenatals and supplement with their brand DHA.  I take them before bed and haven't had any problems with being sick.  I have noticed many ladies taking this brand have had good luck.
    imageimageimage
    The Kids (from left) Hugo, Siberian Husky, Claire at 3 wks, Human, Roman, Siberian Husky
    Proud US Navy and Law Enforcement WIFE!
    BFP 10.29.10-Norah Claire born 07.03.11

• Options
    I saw somewhere that some women break their vitamins in half and take one half at a time during different parts of the day. This can alleviate some of the strong effects.
  • Options
    VitaFusion gummy prenatals from Target, they are the best. No after taste & don't make me sick!

Even miracles take a little time - Cinderella

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    thanks!!! i didnt know they made prenatal gummys.. The VitaFusion gummy multi-vitamin is what i've been taking for a while now and i LOVE them! I'll have to give those a try!
    1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"