Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

3 weeks late and still negative results

Well Im 3 weeks late, taken about 10 tests, and they are all still saying "Not pregnant." The first week or so i was just assuming that since i have never had a regular cycle i was probably not pregnant. However, usually i start within a week or two after what would have been a regular 28 day cycle. So now I'm wondering what i should do?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 3 weeks late and still negative results

• Options

Test once or twice a week until AF or CD 60.

You should consider charting so that next time you would know if you've ovulated yet.  Click my ticker for more info.

Photobucket "...let's rewrite an ending that fits" Mom to DS 6/1999 and DD 1/2008 TTC #3 8/2010 M/C 10/2010 BFP 2/2/11 EDD 10/17/11 On our way to Baby #3 Stick Baby Stick!
  • Options
    imageMarcilyn0812:

Might be helpful to add that if no AF or BFP at CD60 you should check with your doctor...

ETA: How do you know you're "late"??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When did you ovulate?
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

If I hadn't read TCOYF or joined FF and started charting, I would be in the exact same position as you, thinking I was late and wondering why the pregnancy tests were negative.

Now that I'm charting, I know that I haven't even ovulated, so I couldn't possibly be pregnant.

If you're just coming off BCP (as I am), it can take your period quite some time to come back.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Well, in response to "how do you know you're late?"- I have never had 7 weeks between periods. Usually i start on my 5th week. (My last period was July 9-14) I have no idea about my ovulation. We justed started TTC and my plan was to just try without all the charting and everything for a while. However, now Its on my mind 24-7 and I'm just playing a waiting game.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagebusybeegirl1976:
    imageMarcilyn0812:

Might be helpful to add that if no AF or BFP at CD60 you should check with your doctor...

ETA: How do you know you're "late"??

Thanks! Can't believe I forgot that part. *headdesk*

Photobucket "...let's rewrite an ending that fits" Mom to DS 6/1999 and DD 1/2008 TTC #3 8/2010 M/C 10/2010 BFP 2/2/11 EDD 10/17/11 On our way to Baby #3 Stick Baby Stick!
  • Options

Well I AM a newbie to this whole thing. When i first joined the site, i was  just lost to all the acronyms, and still am some. So i guess i need to follow in your footsteps and start studying and charting so that i I am not just setting around wondering all the time.

Also, I have not been all BCP for about 31/2 years... I have just never been regular except for the 2 years i was on them as a teen for that exact purpose.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagekristadg:
    Well, in response to "how do you know you're late?"- I have never had 7 weeks between periods. Usually i start on my 5th week. (My last period was July 9-14) I have no idea about my ovulation. We justed started TTC and my plan was to just try without all the charting and everything for a while. However, now Its on my mind 24-7 and I'm just playing a waiting game.

well without all that 'charting' andover stuff we can't help you besides the keep testing once a week or call your doc if you make it to cd60 without a period.  nobody's body works the same way each month.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Well I AM a newbie to this whole thing. When i first joined the site, i was  just lost to all the acronyms, and still am some. So i guess i need to follow in your footsteps and start studying and charting so that i I am not just setting around wondering all the time.

Also, I have not been on BCP for about 31/2 years... I have just never been regular except for the 2 years i was on them as a teen for that exact purpose.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If you are really concerned schedule an appointment for a blood test with your doctor which is more reliable than a HPT.  Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help everyone. I will definately take advantage of it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagesnrosales:
    If you are really concerned schedule an appointment for a blood test with your doctor which is more reliable than a HPT.  Good luck!!!!

No, do not waste your doctors time until after cd60.  Without knowing when you ovulated, a blood test may not be any more accurate than an HPT.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    In March of 2009 I went off the pill because DH and I were going to start trying. Long story short, I eventually went back on the pill b/c I found out I was getting laid off and that would not have been a good situation. Anyway, about 28 days later I still had not gotten my period but I did spot for about 2 days. I took home pregnancy tests about 6 times and they were all negative. After I was about 2-3 weeks late I called my doctor and said I think I'm pregnant, I went off the pill and haven't gotten my period in about 6-7 weeks but all the tests are negative. She said "You're not pregnant. Give it a few more weeks and then call me back." So basically she knew that since I just went off the pill I was all screwed up. my advice to you would be to wait it out and just test one a week. If you going to be trying to conceive I would follow everyone's advice about charting and reading "taking charge of your fertility". Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Ethan Christopher 7/7/11 www.noreenturner.com
  • Options
    imageMarcilyn0812:

You should consider charting so that next time you would know if you've ovulated yet.  Click my ticker for more info.

THIS

• Options

It has been about 58 days since AF and I have got baby fever...but since I just started at this and haven't had a period to "start a cycle"  I am still waiting. And stupid me didnt even write down the days of my irregular periods, I guess my strategy will be to test when it has been 60 days since the first unprotected sex which will be Sept 13.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageL&R70707:

imagesnrosales:

No, do not waste your doctors time until after cd60.  Without knowing when you ovulated, a blood test may not be any more accurate than an HPT.

Yes

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options

You may not even be ovulating. You can get a period and not ovulate. Without charting, there is no way to know if/when you ovulate.

Even using OPKs can be deceiving. It is possible to get a positive OPK and never actually ovulate.

Wait until 60 days,go see a doctor, explain what is going on. He/She may give you meds to jumpstart your period. From there, you can start charting.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"