Pre-School and Daycare

XP - Anyone used something similar to this?

When we go to Hawaii, we're renting a crib for half the vacation. When we venture to the other side of the island, there are no rental places, the house owner doesn't provide a crib, and DD has outgrown sleeping in a PNP. She is still in a crib at home, so I don't want the bed experiment to be on our trip. I was thinking of getting something like this....anyone used something similar? I wonder if this would be a hard adjustment for her too if she's only ever been in a crib?https://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-Cot-Travel-Bed/4433186?findingMethod=rr 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP - Anyone used something similar to this?

• FWIW - we just took a 2 week long trip sleeping in several different places.

My little guy (2.5 yrs old) was also still in a crib at the time.

We slept him in regular beds with pillow blockades and he did GREAT.

She might surprise you!

I think I'd try a few naps at home in a real bed before you leave and see how she does with it.

I can't imagine buying something to lug to Hawaii at this age. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • That is like the cots my kids use at school and they do great.  Started using them at daycare at 12 months and were in the crib at home until 17-18 months when they moved to a bed.  I would maybe try having him nap on it before you go - maybe take it to someone else's house and try it out.  Or just do the big bed with lots of pillows on the floor incase of a fall thing when traveling.  Before my LO moved into a bed and we were at a hotel, I slept with her in a queen bed and it worked out great, she was around 1 1/2 at the time.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • What about the Peapod Plus? I got this recently when DD had definitely outgrown her P&P and she is not in a bed yet. She LOVES her special sleeping tent and it is small enough to travel with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"