Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

To try or not to try...

New here! Plotting our 2nd.

I'm fertile these next few days. BUT a baby born 9 months from now is not such good timing. My husband has to take "the boards". 

HOWEVER...

The chances of getting pregnant our first try are obviously... not so great. I'd hate to waste a cycle. Plus, trying is "fun!"

My husband is so nervous that we'll get pregnant right away that he's gun-shy. ( first baby was conceived 2nd cycle).

Any tips for coaxing him into the sack?

Edited to add: I would never do something my husband wasn't on board with! Just really looking to commiserate with those of you "waiting" to TTC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: To try or not to try...

• Options

No tips here. I just want to say while I know how you feel, I would not try to coax my husband into something he doesn't want. What if you do get pregnant this cycle?

edit: forgot a whole word

• Options
    imageStucas:

No tips here. I just want to say while I know how you feel, I would not try to coax my husband into something he doesn't want. What if you do get pregnant this cycle?

You speak the truth. I hate waiting! I won't coax. I'll just obsessively watch the calendar until we're in the clear!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You need to make sure this is something you both want. If you need to "coax him in the sack" then you should probably wait until you both are ready.

With that said, I'm not putting my life on hold to TTC regardless of what is coming up.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

If having a baby 9 months from now wouldn't be that great, then why not wait a few cycles?

Also, how do you know that you are fertile right now? I suggest that you start charting, get to know what your body is doing...then when your husband is ready, and you are ready....you will be prepared.

I would never try to coax my husband into doing something he was not ready for.

Married: 10/17/09
    TTC since 10/09
    DH's SA-Normal
    HSG-All clear!!
    BFP 5-19-11...Beta#1-13 Beta#2- 9 (m/c 05/23/11 @4w4d)
    Nov '11-Round one of 50mg Clomid=BFP!!!12-8-11
    Beta#1 12.13.11-160! Beta #2 12.21.11- 5100!!!
    Hunter Austin-Born August 12, 2012 7lb 12oz 20in long Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Congrats to my BFPB mrsbaker1128! Gavin Thomas and Landon David arrived on 6/27/11!!
    **Good luck to all of my loves as well!**
  • Options
    Poke holes in the condom?
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imageheather_09_15_07:
    Poke holes in the condom?

hahahaha...those were the responses i was waiting for!

• Options
    imageleathersmel4:

If having a baby 9 months from now wouldn't be that great, then why not wait a few cycles?

Also, how do you know that you are fertile right now? I suggest that you start charting, get to know what your body is doing...then when your husband is ready, and you are ready....you will be prepared.

I would never try to coax my husband into doing something he was not ready for.

I agree, if he is not so keen on getting into bed, and a baby would not be great in 9 moths, I would temp and wait until you both were ready

• Options
    imageStucas:

edit: forgot a whole word

OMG Stucas!  I about peed myself laughing at my desk when I saw Pee Wee Herman on your siggy.  The LAST thing I expected.  Thank you for brightening my afternoon!

To OP, I'd probably wait a cycle or two make sure he's ready.  If his heart isn't in it it won't be that much fun trying.

Expecting #1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"