March 2011 Moms
Options

Are U buying anything yet?

I want to buy stuff for LO, but I'm kind of afraid to jinx myself, so I said I would wait til around my 5th-6th month.  Are U shopping yet?

Re: Are U buying anything yet?

• Options
    I don't believe you can "jinx" a pregnancy.  IMHO this pregnancy is in God's hand and he has a plan for me, regardless what happens, or what I can or can't do- he's in control.  I've bought a few outfits, and a pack and play at a garage sale because it was such a good deal.  I'm planning on shopping from now on because we don't have the money to go crazy towards the end and buy everything we need.  Plus it keeps me and DH excited and thinking positive! 
    HarLynn's mama
  • Options

Oh, come on!  Buy stuff...it is so much fun! lol  I've bought a few sleepers but we are not finding out the sex so there really isn't much for me to buy.  Plus if it is a boy, I practically have everything from DS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not really - I've bought a few things - a onesie, a hat and then a divider for formula - between our friends & family and showers I'm thinking we may not need to buy much.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have picked out the furniture and am shopping like crazy for bedding (can't find anything I like) but I won't buy anything until I find out if it's a boy or girl.  That's just because everything is gender specific.

I'm hoping to start shopping for strollers/car seats soon too :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh yes....I've bought:

- A few outfits
    - Our initial stash of diapers
    - A box of wipes because I liked the box...hehehe
    - Pacifiers (newborn Soothies and size 1 Mams)
    - A blanket that was on clearance and really cute!
    - A HotSling that was on clearance
    - My "free" Udder Cover ($10 shipping)
    - A couple of SwaddleMe wraps at TJ Maxx that were only $4
    - A pack of white socks
    - A few bottles
    - Britax Boulevard convertible car seat (Amazon closeout)

Yeah, you could say I've been shopping. Stick out tongue  I don't believe in "jinxing" it, either. Whatever happens will happen regardless of what I've bought. I'm just trying to buy a few things here and there so we're not spending a ton at the very end. Also, I probably will not have a shower before the baby is born (due to geographical distance from our family, and my work only does showers after the baby comes)...so I need to stock up on "essentials" beforehand.

Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• Options
    skioskio member

I don't feel comfortable buying for LO yet.

I've bought myself a bella band and 4 maternity shirts. That's it so far!

ETA: DH and I are going to our favorite vacation spot ever in Maine in September and I do intend to go nuts then. There is a Life is Good outlet and some other really cute shops, and I can just picture all the baby things. Our LO will be decked out in Maine gear from the get-go.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagemrssburnison:
    I don't believe you can "jinx" a pregnancy.  IMHO this pregnancy is in God's hand and he has a plan for me, regardless what happens, or what I can or can't do- he's in control.  I've bought a few outfits, and a pack and play at a garage sale because it was such a good deal.  I'm planning on shopping from now on because we don't have the money to go crazy towards the end and buy everything we need.  Plus it keeps me and DH excited and thinking positive! 

That's true too, I gotta remember that.  Thank You!

• Options

I can't help myself! I am way too excited and it is so much fun shopping for baby stuff. So far I have bought the following things all on sale:

-4 bottles and a manual pump

-wash cloths

-4 0-3 month onsies

-4 0-3 month sleepers

-5 3-6 month onsies

-1 0-3 month layette set

-1 toque

-1 snow suit type thing (a plush Winnie the Pooh one)

-and ordered a crib, dresser and travel system

And maybe some other things I am forgetting. I am out of control!

ETA: I won't have a shower before baby is born, so I need some basics. I am not buying "outfits" though, because I know I'll get a ton as gifts.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My daughter will almost be 7 by the time this one arrives, so we are pretty much starting over.  I have nothing from when she was a baby, as I gave it all away to anyone that needed it.  I have bought a few neutral things such as bibs, a cute pair of sandles on clearance, and an Orioles bib, onesie, and booties for when we go to an Orioles baseball game next month to get autographed.  Big Smile  I have mostely just been buying neutral things I find great deals on until we have our U/S in October (can't wait!!!)

I have also been stalking CraigsList and looking for good deals especially on the Fisher Price Precious Planets themed items.  I found a great deal on the bouncer that was practically brand new for only $10.  I am hoping to find most of the high priced items like that on there or at yard sales. I can't wait until I can buy gender specific items though for all the great non-neutral items I see on clearance!!!

• Options
    First I do not believe you can "jinx" a pregnancy. The only reason to not buy thing is if it would devastate you to see them if someone were to happen.  I personally have bought quite a few outfits, but I actually got those at 2nd hand stores. They were all gender neutral in almost new condition for like 2 bucks. I also have some bibs and a book.
  • Options

DH and I have been clearance shopping!! Anything that we can find that is gender neutral and a deal we can't pass up we buy!  Judging from our wedding and my bridal shower, we aren't expecting too much from family at a baby shower.  We have 20 onsies/sleepers (A lot, I know.  But as I said... CLEARANCE!  I haven't spent more than $20 on anything for baby yet!)  Oh, I guess I've spent $30.  Target had their Up & Up bulk wipes on clearance for $9.51 for 702 wipes, so I had to pick those up too!

We have taken a trip to BRU and picked out our stroller, car seat, and pack and play.  We haven't picked out a crib yet, but we know we want a dark set.  The bedding is pretty much picked out, and will be my Christmas present to us, seeing as we will find out the sex just before Christmas!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't bought anything yet but I want to...just haven't found anything we really need, that is gender neutral, and on sale.  :)  We are not finding out the gender and I already have a lot of gender neutral clothes from our first and I have all of the gear we need.  I actually wish I had more to shop for but since we will only need a few things before the baby is born I am going to hold off unless I find some good deals.  I just don't want to do it all now and then I don't have anything else to get once it gets closer.
  • Options

We haven't bought anything yet, but I'm not opposed to it. I agree with the posters who said you can't jinx a pregnancy; it's in God's hands.

My parents bought us a crib and matress, which should be delivered sometime this week.

We probably won't buy anything else (except furniture) until we find out the sex of the baby in mid-November. We plan to register for everything else we need, including the bigger items like travel systems and such. If we don't receive them as gifts, then we'll buy them before the baby comes.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've browsed stuff online and bought a breast feeding cover b/c I saw an online code to get it for free. We're going to find out what we're having, so I'll wait until then to start buying the odd thing here and there.

My mother is planning a shower for me this winter, so we're not going to buy a ton of stuff b/c we'll get a lot at the shower.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We bought two bouncy seats at a rummage.  The ladies daughter had had twins, and we should have bought some more stuff probably, but didn't.  Now, though, I am fired up and ready to SHOP!  I went on Target.com and I have 31 things in my "cart."  Haven't ordered anything from there, just wanted to see what all i wanted/needed and how much it would cost.  DH wants to go and really shop for stuff since he's never been able to do this before. 
  • Options
    I bought myself a few maternity shirts last week, and now that I heard the heartbeat and had a good NT scan today, I am going to treat myself to a sleeping bra.  As for the LO, nothing yet.  I was worried about jinxing myself, but at some point I have to get happy and celebrate the present, so I will probably buy a few things before the 24 week (viability) mark.
    *tap tap* Is this thing on?
  • Options
    And oh yes, as for waiting to find out about the sex...  We know we want to have more children in the future, so I prefer more gender-neutral items anyway.
    *tap tap* Is this thing on?
  • Options

There was a HUGE local consignment sale for all things baby and kid related that won't happen again until late March. So I've spent about $130 but I have...

- changing table, changing pad, and two covers 

- bedding set and valences

- sleep positioner 

- about 10 onesies, four footed sleepers, some cute hats, two pairs of baby jeans 

- a sling, activity mat, and boppy pillow  

- 10 kushies diapers

- a bunch of stuffed animals/rattles/other toys suitable for a young baby 

- and a swing, bassinet, and pack n' play I received free from neighbors and friends. 

...all taking up the largest closet in my apartment.

I probably would have spent more if it was later and I knew what gender to shop for. The big items I am buying neutral so they can be used for a second child but as for clothes I would like to get the stereotypical blue or pink.

As for jinxing the pregnancy, I don't believe in those types of things. If the baby is going to be okay, it will be okay. If it's not meant to be, then it won't. Nothing I can do will change that. So I'm enjoying the ride and letting myself go crazy when it comes to buying things  :-)

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OK EVERYONE! We made our first purchase today! Thanks to whoever mentioned the sale at Target, we purchased the Crib and got the Changing Table free!  I thought this was too good of a deal to pass up!  Thanx for the happy thoughts!
  • Options
    We bought the Target crib and changing table, too! Well, my MIL bought it for us, but it's being shipped here. We've also bought a glider rocker for the nursery, and I've been working on curtains for the big closet in the nursery. Other than that, we haven't bought anything, but we have been given several items from friends and family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DH and I have been two a couple really big baby consignment sales, so we've gotten a couple things

-onesies

-a Boppy with an extra cover

-baby backpack/carrier

We also went to Babies R Us yesterday and picked out some of the bigger items we want, like furniture, travel system, and PNP.

• Options

I am a bad momma to be - I haven't had the urge to buy anything this pregnancy.

I do think that if I find out it's a girl I will go crazy buying stuff because it will make this pregnancy different from DS. 

Right now I feel like I have everything I need and I am busy buying new stuff for DS. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"