Hawaii Babies

??? PIP of the Week ??? - wdyt?

PIP of the week hasn't been getting much love - I'm tempted to go back to PIPing whatever you want as part of the weekly check-in...any preferences?  Do we just need better themes?  Speak up, or I'll make an executive decision Smile

Mamas-to-Be: Post a bump pic or a pic of a BR purchase!

Mamas: Messy Surprises

Mamas theme for next week's PIP: Playtime (or whatever you want!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Let me know if you think of anything for future themes!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ??? PIP of the Week ??? - wdyt?

• I personally like the idea of themed PIPs every week.

It may be too early for this, but for mamas, PIP of LO during last year's halloween (in costume of course).

Bump pic - actually it's my shadow lol. DH took it the other night while walking home and after having a HUGE dinner. Thought it looked funny. I got 2 bumps..one in front and one at the back! lmao!

BR purchase - a new HD camcorder!! Actually, DH got this for me as a bday gift.

• honestly, the reason I don't participate is that I can't get it to work most of the time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSanHawaii08:

PIP of the week hasn't been getting much love - I'm tempted to go back to PIPing whatever you want as part of the weekly check-in...any preferences?  Do we just need better themes?  Speak up, or I'll make an executive decision Smile

I like the PIPs & the themes.  I do feel a little funny posting pics of myself/bump each week so I do skip those often (and I have been not doing such a good job of taking weekly bumps pics, muchless uploading them quickly!) but I think once I am a mama with a baby to take pics of, I will be a complete PIP freak! (esp when I am home by myself on mat leave!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love the concept, but I'm having a hard time with the execution. Stick out tongue

Nothing to do with the posts, totally my fault - the boys keep me pretty busy, so I only have one set time per week when I take photos. (I do occasionally take them at other times, but generally it's just once per week.) That means that a lot of the themes are difficult for me, since most of them are "caught in the moment" types of things, whereas my photos at this point in time are more "put them in cute outfits, figure out what will be behind them and loosely pose them".

I'm NOT saying the themes are bad - it's just a lot trickier for me to participate in than I anticipated when we started doing them. Smile

• okay, well it sounds like the themes are a bit too restrictive for busy moms - so why don't we keep them, but have another option of "whatever you want!" 

I'd rather see "off-theme" PIPs than no PIPs  Big Smile

however, my list of themes is running low, so I may start recyling, or giving up on them all together!  

and Ericka - love the TWO bumps, hahah - too funny.  must have been the angle of the shadow Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i agree w/lisa...love the idea but it's hard for me to find a pic to go w/the theme or go take one, upload it, etc.
  • imageSanHawaii08:

why don't we keep them, but have another option of "whatever you want!" 

however, my list of themes is running low, so I may start recyling, or giving up on them all together!  

That would work for me!

Or if you want to get rid of the theme list (after you run out, or before - whatever you prefer since you're doing it), we could just turn it into a "PIP your LO/bump!" thread.

I really do like the idea of themes, I'm just having difficulty actually doing it. Stick out tongue

• couple of things - I like the idea of themes, but it's hard for me to make sure I have one and then remember to upload at home and post. 

also, I feel like I post so many pics on FB so I don't want to repeat or seem like an AW :)

However, I do like the visual eye candy of a PIP specific post so like PPs I think maybe we should try out a weekly PIPs (whatever you want) post? then we can see all sorts of cute babies, growing bumps, or fun purchases/neat etsy sellers/DIY projects all in one place?

• with that....

"upcycled" sweater pants I made out of one of DH's old sweaters.  Wool = waterproof so he is just wearing a fitted diaper under these (what a cute fluffy butt).  Still kind of big - but that is ok because I created the pattern from pants that are the next size beyond what he wears now.

he pulled himself up in his crib.  Did it once and promptly fell down, which means... I think I'll try that again.  As you can see, he was quite proud of himself :) problem is - once he gets up he doesn't know how to (safely) get down.

we took Jack to 2 baseball games - just Triple A.  He loved it.  He loved people watching, liked the mascots (surprising b/c they scared me when I was little) and he liked the music during breaks - I think he's going to be a dancer :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"