School-Aged Children
Options

Need suggestions on how to wake up DD in the morning?

Kaitlyn is 6, and in first grade.  I have to wake all 3 up at 7am to get them out the door by 7:35.  Nathan and Allison wake up right away.  Kaitlyn will NOT get up in the morning.  My husband has to lift her out of bed, he isn't always going to be home in the morning when I get her up.  (she is in the top bunk)  It isn't that she is going to bed too late either, she is in bed asleep by 7:30pm.  Any suggestions?  TIA

Re: Need suggestions on how to wake up DD in the morning?

• Options
    DS was always very hard to get up in the morning until we got him his own alarm clock.  He sets it all by himself and wakes up right away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She might need to go to bed a bit earlier.  I'd try putting her down at 7.  And maybe start waking her up a little bit earlier too like at 7:20 in case she just likes to wake up slowly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    an alarm clock didn't even cross my mind!  I am going to try that.
  • Options

DEFINITELY an alarm clock :) my 8 yo has been using one for a couple of years...it's actually kinda nice...he sets it himself and most of the time he is up before me because he likes extra time in the morning

Before the alarm I'd always have to wake him and he'd be a bear because he didn't have enough time to get fully awake before school

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"