Snarky and T-TTC
Options

contact lens wearers

What's your secret to getting them both in in under 15 minutes?

Last week I started everyday off in a bad mood.  Not fun. 
Yesterday wasn't too bad as one went in right away. 
Today, righty went in right awqy but popped out while putting lefty in.  WTF?

Help!

Re: contact lens wearers

• Options
    Shut up with your 9.5 m/o!

IDK what my trick it, but I know I never use a mirror and have to make sure I move my eyelashes out of the way. Rarely do I put my fingertip on my eye - that usually makes things worse. I think I just get one edge in, then the rest falls into place.

Totally helpful, I know.
  • Options

I know, right?

I might try the not looking into a mirror thing tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm the opposite. I use a mirror, and I touch my finger to my eye... well, through the contact lens. I push it right onto my eyeball. Very rarely does it move around too much. I do have to blink a few times to get it to settle, but that's because its for astigmatism, and the weight at the bottom has to settle down.
  • Options
    imageE_sharp:
    I'm the opposite. I use a mirror, and I touch my finger to my eye... well, through the contact lens. I push it right onto my eyeball. Very rarely does it move around too much. I do have to blink a few times to get it to settle, but that's because its for astigmatism, and the weight at the bottom has to settle down.
    this is what I do without the astigmatism. I also make sure it's very wet
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have never had a problem. But everyone has their technique for getting them in.
  • Options
    I remember it took me a while to get them in when I first started wearing them, then I got better at it. I need them to be really wet too, some times I have to fill the lens w/ solution while it's on my finger, right before I put it in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like it really wet, too.
  • Options

It took me several weeks (and lots of pouting and tears) before I was able to consistently get them in on the first try.

I actually wore 2 in one eye for several days the first week without realizing it too.

2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imageJenandtonica:

ha!

That's what she said.

• Options
    imagepmarie33:

imageJenandtonica:

ha!

That's what she said.

Big Smile
  • Options
    Ok. I'm gonna try to get it real wet and do it without a mirror. If that doesn't work, I'll try to get the man to stick it in.

• Options
    imagepmarie33:
    Ok. I'm gonna try to get it real wet and do it without a mirror. If that doesn't work, I'll try to get the man to stick it in.
    brown chicken brown cow
  • Options

I've been wearing contacts since I was 11.

At first I literally sat in the bathroom and put them in an took them out, repeatedly for about 2 hours.  However, I was 11, and you have a baby, so I'm assuming that's not possible for you.

My advice is, very very wet.  Look up, while you put the contact on your eye, then move your eyeball around. 

No mirror.

Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"