Indiana Babies
Options

Anyone know how to legally change a middle name?

I tried googling the answer but I didn't really get an answer for the Indiana Law. I saw some paperwork to fill out from legalzoom.com to change a name but I wasn't sure if this was how to go about it. Any help is much appriciated.

Long story short... when I got married I changed my middle name to my maiden name because that is what my mother did. She passed away a few years ago and I have had a falling out with my dad and other family members recently. I no longer want my maiden name to be my legal middle name. Raegan's middle name is my former middle name. I want that middle name back. Any lawyers or anyone that know what process I have to go through in Indiana to change a middle name is greatly appriciated!!!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone know how to legally change a middle name?

• Options
    #PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That was much easier than the legal zoom stuff. I filled it out and will be heading to the clerks office tomorrow! I just wish I didn't have to go to court for it. Boo!! But seriously, thank you so much! That didn't come up in any of my google searches!!
  • Options
    You're welcome!  I just went right to IN.gov, because most of the stuff that comes up with Google is generic non-government stuff that may or may not even be accurate.  Makes me think way back to my Knot days when girls would come in freaking out about marriage license requirements.  Wink
    #PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Options
    DUH! I'm an idiot... why didn't I think of that. I'll blame it on the wine!!! 
  • Options
    DUH! I'm an idiot... why didn't I think of that? I'll blame it on the wine!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"