Cloth Diapering

Newborn CD Advice Needed..

I was originally looking to rent or buy Kissaluvs sz 0 for the 1st couple months, but finally decided to check out GMD. I noticed a lot of people have mentioned them, I am looking for reviews of Kissaluvs, GMD infant fitted, and workhorse fitted.  TIA!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Newborn CD Advice Needed..

• I'm loving the GMD newborn prefolds, so I'm really interested in the workhorses too.  I love the Kissaluvs, though as well.  The only thing about the GMD newborn prefolds is that to me they seem small when using the angel fold, which is perfect for us since Tabbitha weighs under 6 lbs, but I've never used them on a bigger newborn so maybe they fit better than I'm thinking they'll fit.
  • imageCathie111:
    I'm loving the GMD newborn prefolds, so I'm really interested in the workhorses too.  I love the Kissaluvs, though as well.  The only thing about the GMD newborn prefolds is that to me they seem small when using the angel fold, which is perfect for us since Tabbitha weighs under 6 lbs, but I've never used them on a bigger newborn so maybe they fit better than I'm thinking they'll fit.

This isn't related to CDing whatsoever, but congrats on having your baby! I see your posts all the time and didn't know you had her yet Smile

• Loading the player...
  • imagekmeek19:

imageCathie111:
    I'm loving the GMD newborn prefolds, so I'm really interested in the workhorses too.  I love the Kissaluvs, though as well.  The only thing about the GMD newborn prefolds is that to me they seem small when using the angel fold, which is perfect for us since Tabbitha weighs under 6 lbs, but I've never used them on a bigger newborn so maybe they fit better than I'm thinking they'll fit.

This isn't related to CDing whatsoever, but congrats on having your baby! I see your posts all the time and didn't know you had her yet Smile

Thanks Smile  I've been trying to get back on here more often but right now we have visitors and it's hard at times...Tabbi has nights and days mixed up.  Crying

• Prefolds and covers are GREAT for newborns because they're only in them for a short amount of time and other systems can be a little bulky.

The GMD Indian prefolds are super soft and fluffy, I love them!  Take a look at the 50% off special Real Nappies are running on their covers here.  I use them and they're a great alternative to Thirsties, Econobum etc and pretty much the same as Bummis.

Photobucket Follow my journey into raising two babies using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.
  • Kissaluvs have done a great job on Baby Bee.  We didn't start using them until about 3 weeks ago so I can't say how they do on a brand new newborn, but she's had several big blowouts while in them and we've not had a leak.  More detailed review in my blog (link in siggy) if you're interested.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • imageCathie111:
    imagekmeek19:

imageCathie111:

Thanks Smile  I've been trying to get back on here more often but right now we have visitors and it's hard at times...Tabbi has nights and days mixed up.  Crying

::butting in::

Try a pacifier at night and try to keep her awake longer during the day. My mom said my brother had the same problem and that really worked to get him on the right track. 

Also congrats!! She's a cutie.

::butting out:: Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCathie111:
    imagekmeek19:

imageCathie111:

I would imagine! But you're hanging in there right? And according to your ticker, BF is going well! Smile

• imagekmeek19:
    imageCathie111:
    imagekmeek19:

imageCathie111:

I would imagine! But you're hanging in there right? And according to your ticker, BF is going well! Smile

For PP the paci does work at times but she is definitely a momma's girl.  Last night though was amazingly nice...she slept when she was done and so did I.  BFing has gotten a lot better.  She is latching faster and drinking more so it's been great! I had PPD with my other 2 but none this time...I can honestly say it's a really nice feeling to be massively tired and still have patience to spare. :)

Adding to the CD discussion, I'm still feeling giddy over my prefolds and KL0's.  Big Smile  Having used disposables for 2 kids and temporarily with Tabbi, leaks were always an issue at some point.  NONE so far! 

• I just want to say that I love Kissaluv 0s on my baby. She's pretty much almost outgrown them now (she was 9 lbs 11 oz at birth and around 10 pounds when we started CDing) but we haven't had a single blowout, and I love fitteds in general for at night.

I just went up to yellow-edge prefolds from the orange. Orange are small (I am lazy and don't snappie or pin mine) but they worked great until recently when she finally started really destroying them.  Honestly I probably should have moved up earlier, but they were working.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"