Northern California Babies
Options

Recommend your fave freezable meals...

Trying to plan ahead - thanks ladies!

Re: Recommend your fave freezable meals...

• Options

last time I made:

lasanga

chicken enchiladas

stew

chili

They were kinda of amazing. i think we would have starved.

• Options

Sitting in my freezer, I have

meatloaf

chicken enchiladas

lasagna

Um....something else. Crap, I don't remember. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am all about soups and stews. I'll probably do a few different soups (minestrone, potato and leek and butternut squash) and Country Captain chicken stew and chili.

Also a couple lasagnas and some enchiladas and some pasta sauce. 

and some choc chip cookie dough, so i can make a cookie or two when I need them :)

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options

imageladipale:
    and some choc chip cookie dough, so i can make a cookie or two when I need them :)

Good thinking ahead.  I made up a ton of lactation cookie dough when I needed a boost a few months in and froze them wrapped in wax paper tubes.  Until my supply was back up I could cut a few circles and make fresh cookies daily (it was medicine I swear ;) ) and that was so nice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I make my turkey meatloaf (uncooked) or turkey burger patties and then you can easily defrost them when needed. You could also do meatballs and always have sauce on hand.

The website below is a great resource too-I love the Bruschetta Chicken Bake.

https://freezerfriendz.blogspot.com/

• Options

When sfgirl75 was getting ready for her LO, she made a bunch of frozen meals. She posted it onto her blog

LINK

• Options

Here is my MIL's recipe for "Bean Slop"...not the most high-brow name, but it is delicious, easy comfort food.  It's like a chili, but sweeter from the baked beans.  Freezes perfectly.

Bean Slop

4 slices bacon

? yellow onion, chopped

1 lb lean ground turkey/beef

1 large (1lb12 oz) can baked beans

? large (1 lb 12 oz) can diced tomatoes

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 heaping tsp sugar

Garlic salt, salt & pepper to taste

Cut bacon into strips and cook w/ onion in heavy pot or dutch oven until onion is softened and somewhat translucent.  Add ground meat and brown, draining off all excess fat.  Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 1.25 hours, stirring occasionally.

• Options

My sister found a low-carb lasaga recipe that freezes really well, and now I make and freeze it and then serve it over pasta! You can put the frozen "block" right in the oven, which is nice.

Mix 1 lb. browned ground beef/turkey with a jar of spaghetti sauce

Mix a package of frozen spinach and half a thing of cream cheese.

Layer ingredients, meat mix then spinach mix, then meat again then sprinkle shredded cheese on top. So easy and so yummy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"