Anyone live far from family? — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Anyone live far from family?

In an effort to get this board moving, I'm going to make another post! I'm hoping that any moms with depression/anxiety regardless of it being pp or not can post here. As I said before, my depression seems to be returning after stopping during pregnancy and DS' infancy. Go figure. I live 60+ miles away from any family and I really feel like that effects my depression. I wondered if those that have family close by find that to be helpful with depression. I feel so alone and rely completely on mom's groups to get DS and me out of the house.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone live far from family?

• YES! I live three hrs from my family!  SO family is near by but they are older and not any help!  I am much happier when i am at home visiting my family and really wish they were closer!
  • I live roughly 3 days, roughly 1800 miles, away from mine and DH's family. Having family around makes a world of difference for me and I am greatly looking forward to getting back to my home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dh lives 5 hours away and my family lives 8 hours away.  my psychiatrist keeps threatening to hospitalize me if i don't have someone move in with me.  But the whole point of staying here while DH is gone is so DS can go to school here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards