TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Girls that get follie checks a lot, Come In!

How do you deal with going to the RE and your work schedule?

I'm a kindergarten teacher.  I'm supposed to be at school at 7:55.  The RE office opens at 8:00 and is quite some distance away.  I've talked to my principal and she wants me to get a 1/2 day sub every time.  I missed 1/2 day last week to get my CD2 check, 1/2 day today to get my CD8 check, and the RE just called and wants me to come in tomorrow morning too!  Of course, I will do what it takes to have a baby but I'm getting a little bit worried about work now.  Although I have a GREAT sub, when I'm not there, the kids get kind of crazy and they don't learn as much!  If I were a parent, I'd be upset about my kid's teacher missing school all the time.  I know there's not much I can do about it, but is anyone in a similar situation?  I wonder how many more u/s I'll have to have this cycle!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girls that get follie checks a lot, Come In!

• Options
    I am so sorry that you have to deal with this.  I was a fourth grade teacher...now a learning consultant...but still working in a school with grades pre-k to 5.  I was fortunate enough that my RE's office opened at 7 a.m.  My plan was to always be the first person on line...first come first prick kind of deal...so that I could get out and be at school on time for my 8 a.m. start time...and my RE is about 30 minutes from my school.  Unfortunately your RE does not open earlier...that really stinks.  It is super frustrating but you know that it is all worth it and if your principal is okay with you getting a sub than I would not stress.  Kids always bounce back and while they may be crazy when you come in...they can handle it!  GL!!!
  • Options
    That's tough.  Do they offer any late appointments?  Is there any way you can get the u/s somewhere closer and have that place send the info to your dr to be read?  That's how my RE will be doing it.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any real words of wisdom. My RE's office opens at 7, so I get the 7am appointment and I don't have to be at work until 8:30 which is only an hour away. As for how many times I have to go in for monitoring- when I was just doing clomid it was only 2x/cycle, for the follistim- I went 4x's but I also had a cyst the first time and they wanted to see if it would go away before day 5- it did.
  • Options
    As you get closer my RE has you go in for daily ultrasounds. I go to the main office which is close to my house, they usually open 5:30 or 6am everyday which helps. I usually make it in before work and make it to work in time. It is hard for me to get coverage since I'm a manager at a retail store, but luckily I'm good friends with my district manager and he helps me get coverage.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    I wish I lived in a bigger city where I had more choices! I'm going to Baton Rouge for my appts. I live on the outskirts.  They are building more medical buildings here, but they won't be ready for a while.  The traffic going into BR every morning is HORRIBLE!  The office opens at 7:30, but only the receptionist is there.  The nurses and all come in at 8.  If I did get the first appt., I could be back at school by 9 (school is about 40 mins. away in opposite direction.)  But that's not good enough; I'm having to get 1/2 day subs that stay until 11:30.  And since they're paid to be there until then, I get to school around 10:40 and bring my lunch in the lounge and eat in peace.  My principal is OK with it right now but I hope I don't have to go in every day much longer!
  • Options

I'm really sorry. That's an extra stress you just don't need right now but I'm glad your boss is (so far) cool with it.

I'm pretty fortunate in that my schedule is very flexible... Plus my boss is on the road more than I am so never really knows about my late morning shows.

What is KILLING me is trying to block off several weeks in which I do zero flying. For me it was a matter of looking at my schedule and figuring out when I could fit in IVF and several weeks of no travel.

Sorry hon. Wish I had a better answer for you.

• Options

My RE's office opens at 7:30, so I usually make an appt for 8, so I'm at work by 9. 

I'm sorry, I don't have much advice, because my RE's office opens earlier than yours, and I'm not a teacher, so I have a bit more flexibility in when I get to work.

• Options
    I am sorry.  If I have to go to an RE the closest one will be 2.5 hours.  I hope that you are able to stop going in so frequently.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"