Attachment Parenting
Options

Are there any other good stay-dry CD besides BG?

We currently have a stash of BG 3.0 pockets and a couple 4.0s.  I really need to use something with suedecloth or some other stay dry fabric for DD because she knows she is wet instantly and I only like to change her every 1-2 hours instead of every 15 minutes LOL. (I am not a bad mother and change DD when needed but I was just trying to get my point across)

I have tried these other brands with no luck Fuzzi Bunz, GroVia, prefolds with covers also did not work because of her feeling the wetness. I bought one Totsbots easyfit by Bummis that I LOVE but DD feels wet in this one immediately.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are there any other good stay-dry CD besides BG?

• Options
    We just started using Softbums with organic bamboo inserts (they are covered in a velour like fabric) and I don't know that it stays totally dry, but it definitely doesn't stick or feel super wet when I change DS.
  • Options
    I use Smartipants. They are super cheap and are amazing stay dry. I love them!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry I used them as part of a diaper trial so I don't have them to sell
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We love Fuzzibunz (better than our BGs, actually) and I *really* love the Thirsties Fab Fitted.

If what you have isn't cutting it, a fleece liner often helps - that's what we use when we double up with a soaker at night. The fleece is a natural moisture wicker.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second the fleece liner suggestion.  Pick up a remnant from your local fabric store and cut it to fit the diaper.  No sewing necessary!
  • Options
    I have a really super cheap solution for you.  If you have any other brand of diaper, just use those, but cut up strips of polyester fleece, and stick that in the top of the diaper, whatever size is needed so that none of the underlying material will touch your DD's bottom.  We do this with Alice, and her skin doesn't even feel wet with anything less than an absoloutely sopping diaper.  The fabric works really well as a paper towel type cloth as well.  We use the grobaby with these fabric strips on top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"