Attachment Parenting
Options

That was no fun.

Our week long attempt at transitioning naps from our bed to his floor bed has been a real bust. With DH working out of town a lot and only sporatic help from Gramma (I WAH, or at least try to WAH these days), I can't keep putting him in the car and driving him around for an "emergency" nap twice a day when it fails. I really need those couple of hours each day to make phone calls and do things I'm obligated to do.

So today, after over an hour of trying everything else, I put his mattress back in the crib and put him in it. I stayed next to him, shooshed, sang, patted, hummed, etc. After 20 minutes of fussing and crying and everything in between he was so exhausted (now 1 hour past his usual naptime) he was falling asleep sitting up. He never once laid down. Finally, at nearly 30 minutes, he woke himself up falling over and I couldn't take it anymore so I nursed him down in our bed.

Do I keep doing this? Does it get easier? I hate it but I'm out of ideas and he's almost a year and I feel like something has to give.

Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: That was no fun.

• Options
    Sad  So sorry.....I don't have any advice, we haven't reached that point yet, just wanted to say good luck...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"