Stay at Home Moms
Options

weekend schedule question

Do you maintain you & DC's schedule (waking, eating, sleeping, outings) on the weekends/when DH is home? or is everything more flexible?

Re: weekend schedule question

• Options
    We maintain DD's as best as possible - because we've found that makes her happiest.  But we are a little flexible, for instance we can keep her up an hour or so later at night and at her nap if that is what fits in our schedule for the day best.  And she's been known to eat her lunch in the car when we are running around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My DD really does well on a schedule- so we don't mess with it.

She wakes up on the dot- at the same time each day. She takes her nap at 1pm- wakes up at 3pm. And goes down for bed at the same time.

DH is more than ok with working around her schedule.

Our neighbors always complain about how their DS always wakes up when they try to move him from sleeping in the car and transitioning him back to bed in his crib. (to me honestly- it is like DUH.... ) and then they have an awake toddler- who is very grumpy the rest of the day. I personally- will PASS on that. To me- an unplanned Target shopping run isn't worth missing nap. (in neighbor's case)

So we plan our morning activity- home for lunch- nap- Afternoon activity- home for dinner/bed on the weekends too.

Do things come up every now and then that we break her schedule? of course. however it is usually a special thing- and very occassional. Definitely not an every weekend thing. Not worth it to me.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. We just work out shifts of who's watching her.
  • Options

We try to if possible but since DH's work schedule is soo crazy during the week and weekends it sometimes gets out of whack and we have to work around things.

Of course the girls do much better on their regular schedule since they know what to expect and are at home in their comfort zone. 

• Options
    We try to keep on schedule as much as possible, but we'll slide back nap a little sometimes. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

They usually wake up at the same time on the weekends as they do through the week and we are always home in time for bath and bed. They both will wake up earlier if they go to bed too late and it is a huge fight because they are overly tired.  However, usually they skip nap or nap in the car on Saturdays. We live in a rural area and it takes at least 45-60 minutes(sometimes 2 hours) to get to any kind of museum, zoo, shopping, etc. We usually do some fun activity on Saturdays and then make sure we are home on Sunday afternoons so they can nap on schedule. It works for us and messing with nap 1 day a week doesn't seem to mess with their sleep or moods.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We try to stick to a basic schedule, but we're a lot more flexible on weekends.  A lot of it is because DH takes the lead in parenting (to give me a break) and he has his own style of doing things.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options

We're a little bit more flexible.  For instance, DD's nap time starts between 1-2 pm during the week, but if we go to the beach we'll push that back to closer to 3.  She's happy as long as she's not up for more than 7 hours at a time.

However, we really try to stick to small meals every 2 hours or she gets cranky.  And we almost never wake her before she's ready.  We'd also never put her to bed later than 10 pm at the very latest.  Her usual bedtime is 8-8:30.

• Options

Yup! There are times that we are a lot more flexible, but we don't play too much with naptime........I don't need to push naptime if I'm going to have a cranky kid (L is the only one that naps).

With my kids, once they hit 2, they don't need naps, so our day gets more flexible.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

Generally, yes we stick to our regular schedule.  We are kind of schedule freaks.  As much as possible we maintain our older son's schedule, which really at this point is just one nap around 1pm - 3pm and bedtime at 7:30pm.  Now that we have baby #2 I have a feeling we will have to be more flexible with his schedule since he will nap so much more for awhile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We keep his schedule the same on the weekends as during the week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"