High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Intro - GD

Hello Ladies!! 

I just went to the dietician on Thursday for GD. This is my second pregnancy but my first time having GD. The changing of my diet hasn't been too bad. Just finding different things to eat seems like a challenge for me. What kind of snack do you ladies like to eat? I seem to get a sweet tooth at night ... any suggestions for a snack that will still fit but satisfy my sweet tooth? Thanks!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro - GD

• Options

Breyers has a Carb Smart vanilla ice cream with 4g net carbs per serving and sweetened with splenda.

Also, sugar free popsicles... 4g carbs, 0 sugar per popsicle :)

So far thats all I have, I will keep watching this post to get more ideas though. I have a sweet tooth too :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I love an apple with peanut butter, and a bit of cinnamon on top.

This snack made my BS rise, but it may work for others:  plain greek yogurt mixed with sugar-free preserves and sugar-free chocolate syrup.

I've tried a multigrain waffle with sugar-free syrup and a handful of cashews for protein.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was allowed a piece of fruit when I wanted sugar BUT it had to have a protein too.  So every night I had apple slices with peanut butter. We also found sugar free jello and pudding helpful.
    mr & mrs || 11.18.06
    DD born 07.06.09 || DS born 01.24.11 || Bean 3.0 due 11.16.12
  • Options

Honest? I eat ice cream. My dietitian said it was okay as long as I am counting the carb and serving size correctly. Last night I had a 1/2 cup serving (1 carb) of chocolate chip ice cream with a handful of cashews for protein and my fasting number was fine. Also, a good dark chocolate if you like it because it is lower in carbs and pairs well with nuts.

I also like cinnamon graham crackers spread with peanut butter, sugar free-pudding (but it still has carbs because it's made with milk), sugar free jello, grapes, or cheese and crackers. The sugar free popsicles are good as well.

• Options
    I also eat like you!  I eat ice cream, but only half a cup.  I don't like sugar free stuff at all.  i do use splenda to sweeten drinks though.  I will count out cookies,like teddy grahams, to watch my carbs.  I eat alot of string cheese, peanut butter and fruit.  I either count or measure what I put in bags for snacks and slap the hands that try to get one of the cookies that I put in my snack bags!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies sooo much for that. It really helps. I feel overwhelmed with what to eat and trying to give into my sweet tooth. Definitly going to get me some sugar free ice cream!! YUMMY!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"