Breastfeeding
Options

How long will My Brest Friend be useful?

I heard that My Brest Friend is best for breastfeeding so I wanted to get it since this is my first LO and I hope to BF for a year. I just saw A post on another board that said it's best for 0-3 months. How do you laxies feel about it? After that, did you prefer the Boppy or was Brest Friend still best? I've already bought a Boppy thinking it'll be great for tummy time, LO sitting up or the few times DH does feedings. It wasn't actually the boppy brand but Nurture Nest from Jo-Anns. It was really cheap with a coupon and I'm making a few slipcovers for it out of fabric that's just sitting there. I wanted to splurge and get two Brest Friends- one for each floor but not if I'll only want to use it for a few months! Looking forward to your input...

Re: How long will My Brest Friend be useful?

• Options

I used it until 6 months, which was a longer than I probably needed to. I loved it and used it much more than my boppy.  We use the boppy much more to prop around our LO when he started to sit up and was not stable.

I think both are worth getting. 

happy days are here to stay Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With my first I never could get the boppy to sty in place. It was a pain. I dint think the breast friend was around really then. I used a regular pillow on my lap until she was about 3 months. With ds I tried a different pillow (balboa) and it was awful too. I was better at bf'ing (bf 13 months with dd) and never needed the support. So I never used anything this time. I think it looks cool but they really only are useful until you get the hang of bf'ing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought it worked well for the constant feedings at first with DD was super tiny...but about 2-3m I stopped using it and just started holding her in my arms to feed since I got tired of snapping on the straps every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    I used the my brest friend until he was 3-4 months old.  I got annoyed with strapping it on every time.  After that I either just laid on my side and nursed him or sat on the bed/couch/floor, crossed my legs, and he laid in my lap.  I have a boppy but never used it for breastfeeding.
  • Options

I still use both.  Honestly, I prefer the boppy b/c DD falls asleep BFing a lot & then the Brest Friend is more bulky to get off from around me without waking her.  Most ladies prefer Brest Friend though.

DH & my mom use the BF more though when they feed her bottles of my milk when I am at work.  One benefit to it is the back support part.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    My vote is for the My Brest Friend.  I use it for hours every day.  LO is only about 2 months old though and I don't plan to stop using it anytime soon.  I like that it's strapped on and I can get up and move around a little with her unlike the Boppy.  It's also what my LC recommended for proper positioning. 
  • Options
    I LOVE my brest friend. I really wish I had it in the very beginning. It would have really helped. I still use mine, I don't see stopping any time soon. LO is actually on it right now.

• Options
    Thanks ladies. It seems that most of you adopted the Boppy after about the three month mark. Like I said, I already have my Boppy look alike. I'll get My Brest Friend too but I won't splurge on a second one. Guess I'll just need to do a good job of bringing it up and down the stairs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"