Attachment Parenting
Options

co sleeping til what age?

i put my baby down in his bassinet when its time for him to go to sleep, then when he wakens to feed i lay-down & nurse him next to me, i often let him sleep in the bed after this time, sometimes i put him back in the bassinet if he is in deep sleep & i am still awake.

when should i stop? or should i not even be doing this? i know nothing but i am very bendy & am practically a nest around him with my body yet i dont snuggle him as i fear i could suffocate him.

he will be 10 weeks soon. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: co sleeping til what age?

• Options
    You can cosleep as long as it works for you and your Significant other.  Just do safe bedsharing, Dr. Sear's website has some good guidelines.  Do not sleep with any fluffy blankets or pillows, and enjoy your cuddle time with your little one.
  • Options
    You can co-sleep/bedshare until any age that works for your family. He exclusively bedshare but do so safely. There is a lot of very good information through Dr.Sears and other AP websites about making your bed safe for your LO. If you aren't comfortable having him in bed with you then it might not work for you family. We have bedshared from the beginning since it made nursing easier and we all slept better. Good luck~
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Tonight is the first night DD is in her room. She bed-shared all this time, and we loved it. The only reason we are moving her is that she is getting much too big and too squirmy for me or DH to get decent sleep at night. She sleeps just fine, but we don't. 

Do whatever feels right for your family. And if you do decide to co-sleep or bed-share, be prepared for reactions from family and friends. We got a lot of negative feedback about our decision, but it worked for our family so we didn't let anyone tell us what we were doing was wrong/harmful/dooming DD to a lifetime of terrible sleep/or whatever other ridiculous things people would say.  

Best of luck. 

• Options
    We exclusively bedshare and love it!! As long as you're safe, do what works for your family :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejasrun80:

i put my baby down in his bassinet when its time for him to go to sleep, then when he wakens to feed i lay-down & nurse him next to me, i often let him sleep in the bed after this time, sometimes i put him back in the bassinet if he is in deep sleep & i am still awake.

when should i stop? or should i not even be doing this? i know nothing but i am very bendy & am practically a nest around him with my body yet i dont snuggle him as i fear i could suffocate him.

I have been exclusively bed-sharing lately, but tonight I put him in his bassinet next to my bed and then like you will keep him in bed with me after he wakes up for his night feedings.  

I *think* we may try moving him to his room (gulp!) around 6-8 months if he starts STTN, but I highly doubt that will happen.  Most likely will permanently move him before 1 year so he's not 5 years old and still sleeping in our bed.  We'll see. 

• Options
    imageLuvMyBostons:
    imagejasrun80:

I have been exclusively bed-sharing lately, but tonight I put him in his bassinet next to my bed and then like you will keep him in bed with me after he wakes up for his night feedings.  

I *think* we may try moving him to his room (gulp!) around 6-8 months if he starts STTN, but I highly doubt that will happen.  Most likely will permanently move him before 1 year so he's not 5 years old and still sleeping in our bed.  We'll see. 

Yeah, I'm not going to move DS until he's STTN.  We have a bassinet next to the bed, but don't really use it.  Right now it's holding clothes and toys for DS, lol. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"