Parenting after 35
Options

My Birthday Came Early This Year

No, I am not pregnant , wish I was Wink I am still so excited, DH bought me my First DSLR camera today! Woohoo! Not only did he get me the camera he got me the bag and the telephoto lens! Can you say "psyched"? I have been running around taking pics of everything including a daddy long legs on our house! LOL I ended up getting the canon rebel because it felt better in my hand. Anyway next weekend I am hosting H's first official photoshoot for his first birthday! I can't wait. I am now officially a "fauxtographer"!

Re: My Birthday Came Early This Year

• Options

imageKD288:
    "fauxtographer"!

LOL. I am so stealing that! You are going to LOVE it!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yeah...  hmmm...now how can I get DH to get me an iPhone for my birthday (Oct. 10)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDaisiesinmygarden:

imageKD288:
    "fauxtographer"!

LOL. I am so stealing that! You are going to LOVE it!!!

I really wish I could take credit for it, but I stole it from the photography board heehee! So what tips can you share wth me?
  • Options
    imageMarried2003:
    yeah...  hmmm...now how can I get DH to get me an iPhone for my birthday (Oct. 10)
    My argument was I need it to be accessible for H! Not to mention it really takes good pics and video on the go!
  • Options
    Cool gift...can't wait to see some pics!
  • Options

I use my telephoto lens a LOT, even when I am fairly close. I also read and try to remember to get as far away as you think you should be and take a giant step (or two) closer. I think that is some of the best advice.

I use the auto for stuff that I can't screw up - like blowing out birthday candles and play with the manual after I have the shots I need and can't get again.

• Options
    I can't wait to get one of those, although I want a Nikon. Hopefully for Christmas.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    imageNewMrs07:
    I can't wait to get one of those, although I want a Nikon. Hopefully for Christmas.
    The Nikon is great too! They even have an extra yearvwarrenty on their lenses. I was just surprised how much heavier they are. Regardless they are both excellent cameras and worth every cent!
  • Options

That's awesome, Kristina!!

If we weren't so in debt...  Oh I so want one.  I'm a good photographer and think I'd be better with a DSLR. I also want the Canon Rebel.

I can't wait to see lots of good Harrison pics, you hear?

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    imagerobynlesley:

I can't wait to see lots of good Harrison pics, you hear?

I will do my best. I promise! Wink

• Options
    Oh, that's awesome! I'm jealous. I can't wait to see all the pics.
  • Options
    Yay, I always wanted to get all the stuff but then I get confused by all of it so basic works good for me. Have fun with it
  • Options

Awesome bday present!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"