Attachment Parenting
Options

Moby/mei tai after c-section?

So I had a c-section 5 days ago. I want to try wearing my little man, but I'm still sore getting up and down and moving around. I've been pretty uncomfortable.

Did any of you baby-wear after a c-s? When did you start, and do you wish you started sooner or that you'd waited longer? 

Re: Moby/mei tai after c-section?

• Options
    I waited the full six weeks, and it still hurt.  I probably should have waited another week or two after that.  But, I also had an almost 10 pound baby from birth so that could have had something to do with it.
  • Options
    I started about 5 days after my c-section. I wrapped him in the newborn hold, making sure he was high and the rails across my incision were flat and snug - it actually helped my movement because of the extra support. I think I walked all the way from the desk to the couch! ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you can keep everything above your waist/more towards your ribs you should be ok (it should be fairly easy with an itty bitty.

Just try and keep everything away from your incision area and if it feels uncomfortable just stop and try again later, you don't want to put yourself in more pain than you already are.

Would your SO be interested in wearing your LO?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for the advice! He is a bigger boy (almost 9 pounds) and very strong, and I had a 'rough c-s' according to the doc... but I may try in the next day or two. DH is home for now and can help me if it's uncomfortable.

Right now I just feel bad about the amount of time he's spending sleeping in his crib.... after about twenty minutes my arms and shoulders ache unless I'm using a boppy while sitting... and then I get warm and uncomfortable and want to shift my weight, which is hard with him there.

I hope this works! 

• Options
    I would just be happy that he is sleeping in the crib right now :)  DD would never let us put her down when she was that age
  • Options
    I used the Moby after 2 days after I got home for the hospital so that's what 6 days after.  I did the newborn hold and wore a support over my incision, I loved all the extra support I got from the Moby.  You don't have to be walking around to wear him in the Moby it helped me with the tired arms and strain on my tummy.  Congratulations!
    AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"