Preemies
Options

Introducing myself.

Hi.  My name is Emily.  Last night, I delivered identical twin girls at 26wks 2ds.  Baby A (Cynthia Paige) is doing well in the NICU.  Right now, she is recieving 35bpm while breathing on her own around her vent.  She is also recieving 45% O2 saturation.  She weighs 1lb 7oz and is 13in long.  She is beautiful.  I am praying for her to grow big and strong.

Baby B (Gabriella Catherine) only lived for 15 minutes, and her daddy was with her when she took her last breath.  She weighed 2lbs 3.5oz and was 13.5in long.  She was also beautiful.  So tiny and perfect.  She will live on in our hearts, but we are now missing a part of us. 

So far, we know the girls had TTTS.  We think that it was moving slowly, until Ella got a "true knot" in her cord about 2 inches from the placenta.  Things went downhill fast.  Tuesday, they were great, moving around, measuring pretty good, and by Friday, I realized I wasnt feeling them move.  Sat, we discovered fluid in Ella's belly around her liver, causing it to be swollen.  She also had some bright spots on her brain, which the drs think was blood. 

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.  I know the NICU is a rollercoaster ride, and I just pray that the rollercoaster goes easy on us.  Thank you.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012

Re: Introducing myself.

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I can not imagine how hard the loss of a child is.  Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.  I am glad that she is doing well.  Please come and ask any questions that you may have.  Welcome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, however, congratulations on the birth of your girls! I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please feel free to come here anytime. We are all here to support each other.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so so sorry for your loss.  Many T&P to your family as you miss your little angel and that you also have the strength to take care of your other baby girl during this difficult time.

FWIW Andrew was born at 26w2d as well - he had a bit of a rough time at first, but, after 117 days was home.  He is doing amazing now and no lasting troubles.  

Many prayers to you!

• Options
    Congratulations, mama, although we are always sad that we meet our fellow preemie mama's under less than ideal conditions.  Your post shows how strong you are being for both of your girls.  We are here for you when you need us.  We have lots of support, information, and experiences to share.  You and your family are in my thoughts. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

big hugs. congrats on your birth and i am so sorry for your loss. we're here for you!

• Options
    What mixed emotions you must have right now.  May you find peace and comfort during this time.  Congratulations that sweet Miss Cynthia is doing well and words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss of Miss Gabriella. 
  • Options

Welcome to the board. There are a lot of great people on here. Feel free to ask us anything and to vent.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but I also want to congratulate you on your daughter's birth.

A book that I found pretty informative and helpful was:

https://www.amazon.com/Preemies-Essential-Parents-Premature-Babies/dp/067103491X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283132958&sr=8-1

*hugs*

• Options

Congratulations on your girls!

Welcome to the club you never wanted to join.  I delivered my twins at 24w6d in July and lost my daughter when she was 3 days old.  My son is doing fairly well in the NICU.

I am not sure I how any advice as the past 6 weeks are still such a blur.  It is a bizarre position as you are torn between grieving and being there for your LO in the NICU.  All I can tell you is to take one day at a time sometimes one hour at a time.  Ask lots of questions of the docs and nurses and know that it is ok to not be in the NICU every second if you need to be with your other children.   

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Congratulations on the birth of your DD. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of your daughter.  My heart goes out to you and your DH as you grieve her loss and welcome your other daughter.  My son was born 23w5d at 1.7 oz also.  He's nine weeks old today and doing really well...they are strong fighters, and I wish you the best with your NICU stay.  ((HUGS))
  • Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your sweet baby Cynthia; as you said, you're in a for a long ride at the NICU that will probably have its ups and downs. Hang in there. I will be praying for your family. Feel free to ask questions or vent here anytime. :hugs:
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine the crazy mix of emotions you've been through in such a short time.  Congratulations on sweet Cynthia.  It will be a long road, but hopefully that road will contain more ups than downs. 

My little guy was born in January at 1lb9oz (26w3d) and is now at home (after a 155 day NICU stay) and thriving. 

Please feel free to ask questions as they come up...all of the ladies here are a great support.

Also, I'd recommend that you keep a journal of sorts once you feel ready.  With all that was going on, it really helped me to keep track of all of my son's progress and all of the procedures he underwent.  Sometimes I felt like I was more prepared than his medical team because I could page back and give them information that they weren't too clear on.  It was truly a help when my mind wasn't clear to be able to be the best advocate for him that I could be.

Lots of love to you all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"