Attachment Parenting
Options

I'm "sad" that you're "sad"...

Am I alone in hating the "I'm so sad" because that other mom doesn't breastfeed, babywear, co-sleep, whatever comment? 

Re: I'm "sad" that you're "sad"...

• Options

I'm sad when tiny babies are left to CIO, but that's it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    I'm only "sad" if they are not doing it because of a reason out of the moms control. Like they really wanted to breastfeed but the milk did not come in or they feel social pressure to do something even though they don't want to. I know someone who let her DS CIO because she had TONS of people tell her it was what good moms do. She actually started crying about it, I did feel a bit bad for her. Not "sad" but "bad" that she felt so bad about something others were telling her. I told her to follow her heart and that being a good mom means following HER ideas not others in most cases. If it's just not for them then I'm not sad for them of course! What works for one mom/dad does not work for all in most cases!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate it. It's condescending and arrogant.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options

imageerbear:
    I hate it. It's condescending and arrogant.

agreed. 

• Options
    imageCalinsBride:

I agree with this.  And I'm also sad when kids are abused/neglected.

But that's about it.

• Options

I don't like it when it's a judgey comment, but I get it when it's more, "I'm sad she was given bad advice". I AM bfing still and I'm still sad about some of the bad advice I was given in the beginning.

I don't like it when it comes across as, "oh that poor dumb mother... if she had read eightly zillion parenting books like I had, she wouldn't have listened to that crap advice that everybody under the sun gave her." 

Or, my other favorite- "oh how sad, that mom doesn't want to BF because she wants to go out without worrying about pumping and want's her DH to handle night feedings... if she were selfless like me her baby could nurse all night long and she wouldn't WANT to leave her baby until he was 18 anyway!" 

• Options
    imageCalinsBride:

Agreed. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    imagebrideofaussie:
    imageCalinsBride:

I agree with this.  And I'm also sad when kids are abused/neglected.

But that's about it.

So sad about abuse/neglect.  My parents own a pharmacy in town and see lots of newborns (weeks old) brought in with awful diaper rashes.  Their parents won't change their diapers often because the family can't afford diapers. My mom now tells them about Econobum.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"