High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Preterm labor at 32 weeks

Hi everyone, Im just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what I have been dealing with, This is my first pregnancy and im 32 weeks now, It started at 30 weeks with the bad contractions feeling like period cramps, I ended up going to the hospital and thats were I found out I am having preterm labor. They gave me an FFN test but it came back negative, they checked me and I was dilated to 1cm so they kept me for a few days giving me meds to stop the contractions and I got the 2 shots to help my babys lungs. After being home a few days the contactions started again so I ended up back in the hospital where they gave me another FFN test which came back negative again and this time they kept me a few days but sent me home with meds (10mg procardia). A few days later again the contractions started and they were BAD this time so I ended up going back into the hospital again were they gave me another FFN test and this one came back positive and I dilated to 1.5cm. They kept me and gave me Magnesium Sulfate which i had a horrible reaction from. I didnt have the reaction until about 10 hours after being pumped with this med but after the 10 hrs my arms felt like they were on fire, the pain in my arms were worse then the contractions....They ended up taking me off the meds and told me they had never heard of a reaction like mine. So after a day with no meds they sent me home because my contractions are just very light. Im now home and have been home for about a week now, I have a few contractions here and there, I went to my doctor and he checked me and said im still the same which is good BUT he said my body is definately doing something since the FFN was positive and I did dilated alittle more. Im just really nervouse and trying to stay off my feet and drinking lots of water (which is hard because I hate water lol) but im just wondering if anyone else had a positive FFN and did go into labor within those 2 weeks, and If i do end up having my baby at 32-33 weeks what can I expect?? Please give me any info or advice I really need to hear what to expect. Thank you!

Re: Preterm labor at 32 weeks

• Options
     i will say that i had a pos ffn at 25.5  weeks and am still pg..do it CAN be false! good luck!
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Options
    Well, I never had preterm, but take it easy. At least you are 32 weeks, so your not in the 20th's weekage. (Okay thats horrible grammer, sorry!) If you hate water, maybe you could try flavoring it? I had a little lightbulb come on in my head, and I did some googling for you. you could add different things to different glasses of water. Example: lemon juice, lime juice, pepermint extract, grapefruit, mint, fresh cucumber slices, jello powder, or even flavor extracts you can find at the grocery store. Happy drinking! And goodluck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went into labor with DD at 31 weeks, did the whole hospital thing and they stopped the contractions for a little bit, but they would always start back. I guess at this time they didnt do those test to see if you would go into labor within 2 weeks, cause I dont remember having one. Anyways, I was put on strict bedrest. This meant I could get up to potty, shower and walk a little after I ate. Other than that, I was to lay on my left side. And I did just that.. I kept having contractions and got checked every week, I was not dilating. I managed to make it until 36 weeks, when I started leaking fluid. My advice is.... do exactly what the doc says.. At least you are 32 weeks and you got steroids.. If you had the baby now, there would be a very good chance things would be fine... medicine these days is great. Hope all goes well.
  • Options
    I had a positive ffn at 30 wks. Today I am 33 weeks.... 
  • Options

With my daughter I went into preterm labor at 30wks, I was dilated to a 4 and they put me on the maximum allowed mag and trib shots at least once an hour. It worked for 18 days. My daughter was born 5lb 2oz, she had to spend 18 days in the nicu, during which she had jaundice and dropped a full pound. She came home and in the seven years that passed there have been no problems. She is in excellerated classes in school and in the top percentile in both height and weight.

Currently I am 28 wks along with my second, I have been on bedrest since 20wks and on nifedipine since 24wks. I'm crossing my fingers that I can have two wonderfully healthy babies preterm.

• Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!!!!
  • Options
    I went into PTL at 31 weeks and was on Mag for 3 days. I feel your pain!!!  I got a positive FFN at 30weeks (which they swore was a false positive) and it turned out to be accurate. I was on bedrest since 18w5d due to a short cervix/ emergency cerclage so we knew PTL was always just around the corner. I will say that water does wonders, try putting a little juice in it or something to help the blandness. DS was a success b/c of bedrest; he was born 37w1d...much closer to his due date than any OB or nurse could have ever predicted!! At 32 weeks, your baby would do wonderfully especially with the steriod shots on board!!  Best wishes to you!!!
  • Options
    i went into PTL at 32 weeks, got a + FFN and was in the hospital for days and days on magnesium. i continued contracting regularly and they put me on the terb pump and sent me home. i am almost 37 weeks and still pregnant. ive been 3cm for weeks. its a lot more likely that the FFN was wrong. clearly mine was. if its positive there is a lot of room for error, if its negative its accurate. I know its scary thinking of having a preemie. i spoke with the NICU and was fully prepared to have a preemie baby and now im nearing term. it is great and there are a lot of success stories with PTL. good luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"