Preemies
Options

Bottles with very slow-flow nipples?

Does anyone know a good bottle that has a very slow flow nipple?

My twin boys were born at 35 weeks and I have been EBF them since day 1 but this week got milk blisters and am taking yesterday & today off from breastfeeding and bumping and feeding through bottles.  I am using Tomee Tippee and love them but they seem to gulp them down too fast - I also had a Playtex drop in and Avent that I compared but they seemed fast as well - even with the "Slow Flow" nipples on.

Any ideas???  TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bottles with very slow-flow nipples?

• Options
    Dr. Brown's makes a preemie flow nipple. That's what speech therapy recommended for my LO when we brought him home.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket
  • Options

imagelexismom1008:
    Dr. Brown's makes a preemie flow nipple. That's what speech therapy recommended for my LO when we brought him home.

This!  The only nipple that DS does not get flooded with.  He is 3 months and still uses it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSarah_Fay:

imagelexismom1008:

This!  The only nipple that DS does not get flooded with.  He is 3 months and still uses it.

I'm thirding the Dr Brown's preemie nipples. Not only do the nipples have a good flow, but the bottles themselves are a good system. You can get them on amazon if you have trouble finding them in stores near you.

• Options
    yep--agreed, only ones that didn't cause my son to choke, or have low HR. i always found them at babies r us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image noah joined us 10 weeks early.
  • Options

imagelexismom1008:

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Brown's bottle. They work wonderful for DD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"