Health & Exercise

cant get motivated to work out

i just  cant seem  to  get motivated to   work out . before  i  got  pregnant i  used to  walk a fair  bit  but  never  anything like in a gym or  running.

Trouble  is when  i  walk far now i get  tired and my ankles hurt.

Any suggestions?

Re: cant get motivated to work out

• Make a commitment to yourself and you baby and just do it. It is easy for me to workout because I am held accountable to a group class with a trainer at 5am M-W-F-Sa. Because it is at 5am, I have no excuses. It sucks getting up that early, but I feel so much better after I am done and I have the whole day left to do whatever I want. Personally, when I wait around to workout (typically on Tu-Th-Su) I never end up doing it. Just gotta pick a time and commit! Your baby will thank you later, and you'll thank yourself because L&D will be much more smooth sailing I'm sure. 

HTH! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I agree with the previous poster - set a schedule for yourself and stick to it. Pick out a couple activities that match your skill level (walking, swimming, elliptical) and "schedule" each of them once a week. When it comes to doing the actual activity, don't think about it too much - just put your workout clothes on, get out there and do it. If you need a distraction to avoid thinking about being tired or sore, listen to music or take a friend to talk with. If after 15 minutes you still feel badly, give yourself permission to stop. However, I find most of the time after 15 minutes, I'm feeling good and have no problem continuing. If your ankles are hurting be sure to stretch them after you're done. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"