Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Stroller Help!!!

I am so completely confused after spending 3 hours at BBB tonight!  I think I've decided that I don't want a travel system.  Even though they are very reasonably priced and coordinate, I don't like the big bulky stroller.  I'm leaning toward getting the BJ City Mini with all of the accessories and using this as my only stroller. 

I told DH the plan (he couldn't go with me tonight) and he is set on getting a jogging stroller with the infant seat adapter and using that as our only stroller.  Neither one of us are runners, so I don't know why this would be necessary, except for the fact that it does have rubber, air-filled wheels and a suspension system.

I need opinions on what would be best!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stroller Help!!!

• Options

The City Mini, while made by Baby Jogger, is NOT a jogging stroller.  Baby Jogger does make other models intended for running.  Also keep in mind that it is not recommended to take a baby jogging until they are 9 months old.  On their website this is who it is listed for: Urban and suburban parents with 1 child who need a light and easy-to-fold stroller for everyday walking, errand running, and travel

I have the double and the city mini IS a great stroller though! 

A popular option for a jogger is the Bob. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you're not joggers, then I would go with BJ City Mini.  Such a great stroller- wish I had bought one sooner.  Like the PP said, you really can't take a newborn jogging anyway- too bumpy.  So my advice is to go with the Mini and then if you or DH decides that you DO want a jogger later on down the road, get a less expensive one from Craigslist or a yard sale.  We found a Baby Trend one for $40 at a yard sale that had only been used once.  For as often as DH uses it (rarely), we got our monies worth and we're thinking of taking it in to BRU for the swap to get a 25% off coupon :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is exactly my plan---for exactly the same reasons. I just haven't purchased one because I cannot pick a carseat and I think that will help me decide what color BJ to order. I did a lot of research online etc and this seems to be what a lot of people choose instead of a travel system. Good luck!!
  • Options
    Here is my 2 cents, take it or leave it.  Buy a stroller frame, they are like $50-$60.  All they do is hold an infant seat.  Wait until you get a feel for what you need and then buy your big stroller.  I did this exactly and am glad I did.  I bought my "forever" stroller when my son was 3 months old because what I thought I needed while pregnant ended up not being what I needed or wanted at all once I had the baby and figured out my stroller needs. 
    Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"