High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bedrest is rough.

It's hard going to my birth month board and even the 3rd tri board and seeing everyone post about their exciting weekend plans, errands they are running around doing, and everything else. 

I've watched every meaningless show on TV, zoned out on movies, read way too many research books, and have done little things around the house....I feel so lonely, bored, and just so bummed out.

My back hurts from laying down, my ribs hurt if I lay on my side, then I get uncomfortable if I sit for too long.

I feel like such a whiner--I'm just having a hard time today.

What are you ladies doing?

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedrest is rough.

• Options
    Hang in there! I am starting week 8 of strict bed rest where I can't sit or stand for over 10 mins at a time. I feel your pain! I have been an internet shopping fool. I have also had lots of friends and visitors over to keep me company. I try to read, but reading and laying down equals sleep for me. Each day, I journal and watch television to pass the time. You can do it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been watching lifetime all day.  The are running this weekend special called you can't handle the youth- a bunch of movies about naughty teenagers.  someone kill me now.  Seriously, I need to turn it off, but there is literally nothing else on lol.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is rough!! Whine away. Some days are definitely harder than others. Afternoons are the worst for me. Today is two weeks of hospital bed rest. I can't even leave my room, and I'll probably be here another two weeks! So, I guess be thankful you're at home?? I also have a hard time hearing from those who have uncomplicated pregnancies. I'll admit it- I'm jealous!

Thank goodness for visitors and my computer. I'd be going even more crazy if I didn't have wireless internet for online shopping and to keep me entertained! I'm shopping for DD's back to school clothes. :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

You are NOT alone.  I feel the same way you do.  I've been on strict bed rest (only allowed to get up for bathroom breaks) for 3 1/2 weeks now.  Funny, I would have never thought bed rest would be this difficult ... but just keep reminding yourself that it's temporary.

Hang in there!

• Options

You have every right to whine.  Bed rest IS rough.  It is one of the toughest things I've ever had to endure, not sure how I mustered the will to do it a second time.  Probably something to do with how ridiculously adorable and how much in love with my daughter I am...either way, here I am, going on 11 weeks of bedrest with another 5 to go hopefully and the *only* thing that keeps me sane is hoping that this time around I'm able to bypass the whole having a baby in the NICU part of the deal.

I also empathize 110% with you on being upset, and jealous at hearing other's stories of a normal pregnancy, one where they can shop, prepare and do all the things I've always envisioned myself doing when pregnant.

I have good days, and I have bad days.  Today is an almost bad day, but I'm trying to hold on to some positivity.

Hang in there!

• Options
    I am already there and  its tough. I am trying to just be strong. Whine all you want. :)
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think we have the same due date!! Bedrest totally sucks. It has been over 9 weeks for me. Soooooooooo boring. I have my share of whiny days. I wanted to be pregnant so bad and now that I am I can't do anything!! I actually want to go out in public and have crazies touch my belly!! LoL. And if one more person tells me to "enjoy it while you can" I will punch them in their face!!Angry

Some days are better than others but if it means a healthy baby then it is well worth it. I can't wait to be a Mom.  

• Options

I feel your pain.  You are not alone in spirit.  I have never felt like I fit in over on my birth month board or the trimester boards since being on bedrest since almost 8 weeks.  For a long time it was modified, now it is supposed to be strict due to pre-e.  Truly and with all my heart I say whine away.  This is the place to vent where you can be understood.  As one pp said if one more person tells me to "enjoy it" while I can I may have to kill them.  If you haven't been through bedrest you can't understand the physical and mental strain it puts on you.

My latest thing to do is pick a TV show I have never gotten into before (currently it is dexter, before that Angel) and watch all the seasons in a row.  I read in between watching TV.  We have a four year old daughter and today my parents have taken her on a picnic because hubby is working and I can't do anything with her except watch TV and color.

I just keep reminding myself that pregnancy is a self limiting condition.  It really will eventually end and all this "rest" will have been worth it.

• Options
    imagedivasociety:

And if one more person tells me to "enjoy it while you can" I will punch them in their face!!Angry

Oh my gosh!!! I totally agree with this. It is not comforting to hear that and doesn't make me feel better about my situation. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hang in there...we're all there with you!  I'm 20 w 5 d and expecting twin boys in January (although my 37-week mark will be Christmas week! and a C-section is planned)   I am currently on "house rest" right now...bed, couch, bathroom, no standing for more than 5 minutes.  Shower sitting down.....

I usually try to follow a similar routine every day....Baby Story shows between 8 and 10 a.m.; computer for a bit, word puzzles, journal time, lunch, company stops by, a little more tv, nap time, phone calls, etc......before I know it, it's 6 p.m. and hubby is home to take over the end of day shift in the house...

Keep hanging in there, it's totally worth it!  Wink

• Options

yes it is horrible. I have been on bedrest for the past 8 wks and have 12 more to go. but i remember thinking at 20wks that i wasn't going to make it this far. I have watched most everything on tv at least twice. though I am looking forward to the new season that starts next week. I write, read, do puzzles, cross-stitch, and paint. and thank godness for the internet. I try no to look any further then my next nifedipine dose.

it rather comical for me when I'm in a good mood... I can remeber wishing for a break more then a few times over the last couple of years, now I have one I just want to be "normal" again. I swear once this is over I'll probably have a phobia of beds.

• Options

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!  It's nice to know there are other people out there and I'm not just feeling crazy.

I've been feeling better the past few days, I ordered one of those zero gravity chairs online the other day so I'm realllllly excited for that to come so I'll at least be able to sit (or recline :) ) out on our porch...and I started playing around with Microsoft Publisher designing art for LO's nursery.  That's been fun and has kept me busy. I need to stop eating though, people have brought me over all sorts of goodies and I just keep pounding them all (ahhh!)

Well, hope you all have a good Tuesday :)

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, it super, super sucks!  I have been on it since July 20.  It was supposed to be short-term and one issue (DVT) turned into more issues (severe headaches, nausea, sudden weight loss, BP increase, etc.)  Now it looks like I'm home for the duration.  Just taking a shower or trying to go over to my SIL's house (block away) for a short time wears me out and makes me sick.  Docs say no driving, no long walks, etc.  Blah.  :(  I am super-lucky because at least I am permitted to work from home, both by work and by docs.  Unfortunately the headaches have made that much more challenging lately.  I can do maybe 2-3 hours and then I have to take a pain pill and nap.  Cycle that all day and you have my day.  My hips are killing me from inactivity and I've missed my 7 year-old's birthday party and first day of school.  Boo!  And, on top of it all, as you can see from my siggy, I am planning a wedding (!!!).  My Ortho Evra patch failed 6 months into our planning.  The baby was originally due 11/11, then they moved it up a week to 11/4 and now he's going to be induced 10/20, exactly 10 days after our 10/10 wedding date.  That's if I can even make it down the aisle.  Just a shower or a trip out to the pharmacy makes me miserable!!  :(  Hoping I can suck it up for the one day and that nothing else goes wrong medically between now and then.
    Our Wedding Day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"