Attachment Parenting
Options

has anybody tried block BFing?

did it help?  do you have to do it indefinitely or does your supply stay reduced?  i think we're starting it today.  do i need to adjust it if i have one side that produces more than the other?  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: has anybody tried block BFing?

• Options
    I did - for an overactive letdown.  Are you using to reduce supply or deal with letdown?  To answer your question though, no we didn't have to do it indefinitely but even so DD hardly ever eats from both breasts. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a major oversupply issue so I did block feeding.  I would go for almost half the day on one breast before switching.  I did that for about 2 weeks.  Now we switch breast every feeding but we still don't do both breasts at one feeding.  My supply has remained reduced, even after going back to switching with each feeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKestrel84:
    I had a major oversupply issue so I did block feeding.  I would go for almost half the day on one breast before switching.  I did that for about 2 weeks.  Now we switch breast every feeding but we still don't do both breasts at one feeding.  My supply has remained reduced, even after going back to switching with each feeding.
    This for me also except I would do two feedings on one side then switch per my LC. After 2 weeks it was reduced and better and for my over overactive letdown I did a v with my fingers around my nipple to help control it during that time also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks, guys!!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"