Cloth Diapering
Options

Pockets in the dryer

Sooo, how bad is it for pocket diapers to be dried in the dryer? Weather here is unpredictable, and we live in a forested area so I have to chase the sun just to try to get rid of stains.

So I dry all of my dipes in the dryer. Is that really that bad?

Re: Pockets in the dryer

• Options
    I dry mine in the drier a lot lately because its been raining every afternoon.  As long as you do it on a low setting I think its fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live in Washington too, by the way, I know what you mean!

I dry mine at the lowest setting (which is air drying). If you throw a dry towel in, they'll dry a little quicker :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's just harder on the elastic, velcro, etc. -- it'll wear out faster.

I line dry inside when the weather is bad outside.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options

duplicate post.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    I dry the inserts in the dryer, but the actual pocket dipes? No. I do not dry outside because we are in a condo where that is against the rules. I have a drying rack in the nursery. The pocket dipes dry QUICK! (2 hours maybe)
  • Options

I've been drying them for the same reasons. It is supposed to wear on them though.

Maybe I should try line drying inside like a pp said...2 hours you say? My thirsties covers take longer than 2 hours inside...hmm

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageashnoelle:

I've been drying them for the same reasons. It is supposed to wear on them though.

Maybe I should try line drying inside like a pp said...2 hours you say? My thirsties covers take longer than 2 hours inside...hmm

my flip dries that quick, too. Maybe my standards for "dry" are just too low ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"