Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Brita Water Filter

Right now we use bottled water for DD's formula but we are thinking about getting a Brita water filter to save $$ and plastic bottles. Does the water filter out all the 'bad' stuff? How do you know when it needs replaced?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Brita Water Filter

• Options
    LOVE our Brita.   Filter needs to be replaced every two months.  We haven't bought bottled water since we got our Brita.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We love our Brita filter.  Some of the pitchers have an indicator right on it to let you know when to change the filter. 

On another note.... what bottled water have you been using for formula?  I supplement and we are traveling next week and would like to use bottled water.  I'm not sure if there are kinds I should avoid......   thanks.

image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We use Nursery Water

I don't think there is a bottle water to avoid? Not that I've heard of anyway

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks.  I was just wondering if I could use regular spring water from Walgreens/CVS...I want to carry/pick up small bottles while we are out and about. 
    image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We actually just had a guy come out to our house and test our water. We have a Brita water filter and we had just changed the filter a week before he came out. Well we found out that the Brita water filter is a horrible filter! It's only slightly better than our regular tap water. We actually got to see what the Brita water had in it (he had this special solution that you could see what was in your water- it was disgusting!) We were so disapointed. We've been doing tons of research on water filters now, and it looks like all the cheap ones are crap. You really have to get a more expensive one to get quality. We haven't figured out which one we are going to get yet. We're still researching.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"